Attire & Accessories Forum

Colored shoes

Has anyone else considered or worn colored shoes with a white or ivory dress? My wedding colors are dark gray, champagne and slate blue. I'd really like to get some slate blue dress shoes but I don't know if that would take too much attention off of the dress (presuming they would be seen; my dress is not poufy or anything). My bridesmaids are going to be wearing gray short dresses with blue shoes too--I'd like to have us all in the same ones if possible. This may sound a little odd, but our theme kind of revolves around feet and so I thought the shoes would be a good way to emphasize that more. Just wondering if anyone else has tried the colored shoes thing!

Re: Colored shoes

• I plan on wearing on blue shoes as well. It's not one of my colors, but my something blue.
  • I plan on wearing blue shoes, as well!  Blue happens to be our main color, but that's not why.  I want it to be my something blue, I didn't want to wear white shoes because I love the contrast of a colored shoe with the white/ivory dress, and I also love the color blue.It's actually really popular now, and I love the unexpected pop of color!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • My shoes are black. I've seen pics of girls wearing bright pink ones, converses.....I think it looks cute. Plus no one is really going to see them....
  • My shoes are champagne and pink and my dress is ivory.  PIB.How does a theme revolve around feet?  I'm curious.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • On a side note....you may want to take your full name out of your sig....there could be some crazies on here :)
  • i'm wearing red satin shoes and they look great with my ivory dress.
  • I'm wearing blue shoes (siggy pic). I got dyeable shoes on zappos and I went to a local shoe place to have them dyed. I then added shoe clips from www.shoeworthy.com I love them cause I feel like they were almost my DIY project and I saved a lot of money compared to some bridal shoes I've seen.
  • bcnoelle...I love your shoes....and I love that you shortened your dress!!!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This seems to get asked a lot.  Colored shoes with wedding dresses are extremely trendy right now.  It seems like it's much more rare for a bride to actually wear white shoes, honestly.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Definitely wear fun shoes.  I'm wearing fabulous red ones with my short ivory dress. 
    image TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism.
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles 50mg Clomid + IUI 2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue. Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5 Antibodies testing came back negative! Woohoo!!
    IUI #5 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN
    IUI #7 yet another round of @^*%#*&%$& = BFN
    WTF meeting 2/18 to decide next steps
  • I wore hot pink shoes with a white dress and am very happy with that decision. My shoes can only be seen in pictures of me walking down stairs or of DH dipping me. We also got some cute pictures of my picking up my dress so the photog could see the shoes. I think you should get the blue shoes (which could also double as your "something blue" if you are doing that.) Plus, you can always wear them again.
  • I'm wearing red shoes. Red is one of our wedding colors and the FI's fav color. Feet theme how cute and different. Are the favors emory boards? ;)
  • Wearing colored shoes is definitely something that's getting quite popular it seems!  I am planning on wearing deep red shoes.  It's one of my wedding colors and I think it's a nice touch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love colored shoes with wedding dresses. I think a lot of planning a great wedding is paying attention to details. It's those little surprises that make it your day, and make it special. :-)
  • Thanks CVL105 for the encouragement on my shortened dress! It will be scary once its cut for good!
  • Im wearing black shoes too. I cant wait!
  • I wore floral print shoes.  Pic links in siggie.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards