Military Brides

International Postage

I sent out my STDs today (!) But it got me thinking about another postage thing. I should have asked while I was at the post office, but I forgot. We have a fair number of international guests. (Most of FI family is in either France or Lebanon) When I send the invitations, what kind of postage do I put on the return envelops for the response cards? Can I put American postage? Is there special international postage? Do I contact an embassy to try to get French or Lebanese postage? Have any of you ladies dealt with this? Thanks!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: International Postage

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I lived in Europe for awhile. Maybe you can order it online, but I doubt the embassy will help you with it. And no, you can't put American postage on it. I know you can order American postage online through the post office's website, but I don't know if they ship internationally, so I'm not sure if foreign post offices will either. I'd try. Also, what about having separate rsvp cards for foreign guests with a website/phone rsvp, if you don't want to make them pay for their own postage?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    You'd have to get postage from their country to put on the return envelops since American postage wouldn't work.We had about a dozen international guests invited, but didn't put return postage on the envelops, they were fine providing it themselves, plus I wasn't about to get postage from 7 different countries. For those guests we also accepted an email or facebook RSVP since it was easiest for everyone and worked out best. Miss Manners might kill me for doing that but whatever, who has time for all that when you're knee deep in other wedding etiquette :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards