California-Los Angeles

Monday Confessions...

Alright Ladies lets hear the confessions...I confess...-On my hunt for a florist I've discovered that flowers are so expensive, and I hope to find that florist that can give me everything I want for the right price. (im going this wk erikaparr) I may be asking for the impossible.-I've slacked a bit on my diet since my b-day which I enjoyed very much :)-I missed the gym today.-The air quality is driving me crazy....my eyes are burning and it smells like wood all the time. I hope these fires get under controlled.

Re: Monday Confessions...

• jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well lets see:I CONFESS: That yesterday my dad, mom and i had lunch with my FI and his parents and it just didn't go that way it should have, my FI  was upset at his mother and i am upset that they are not offering to pay for anything my mom had to ask them to help pay since my parents are not made out of money.that i am so glad that the baby shower i hosted for my best friend went so well everyone had such a great time.i am completly worn out from this past weekend and all i wanna do is have a massage and a mani and pedi.i am sooo nervous about doing b-pics but i am going to do them i just wish i looked like a supermodel at times.well i think that is it for today i hope, lets see how the rest of the day goes, LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess:- that I haven't sent out all the thank you cards for my shower that was on the 16th.- that I slept until 2 pm yesterday and spent the entire rest of the day vegging.Jeanni, your mom asked your FI's mom to fork up $ for the wedding?  What did your FI's mom say?  I would have KILLED my mom.
  • edited December 2011
    Jeanni, your mom asked your FI's mom to fork up $ for the wedding? What did your FI's mom say? I would have KILLED my mom.Sorry, Jenna, not Jeanni.
  • clubs&spadesclubs&spades member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess: that my mom was doing me a favor putting me in modeling/acting. I thought it was too much of a time-suck only to be judged. Now I have a degree but no job and I'm too old to get back to modeling. Woe is me.
  • clubs&spadesclubs&spades member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    edit: I have A job, just not one utilizng my degree :(
  • edited December 2011
    I confess.... That I cheated on my diet last week, and only went to the gym twice... I liked a sparkely princess style wedding dress when I tried it on (even thought I thought I would hate it!)
  • edited December 2011
    I dislike my job and most of my co-workers, but I don't want to leave because I feel like I have real stability.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg... I confess: that I spent $60 on unecessary cosmetics this past weekend...that could have been a make up trial! also that fi confessed to me yesterday that he feels i've been punking him these past days. wtf?! and the big one...STD's didnt make it out this past weekend...instead we were at the beach tanning!
  • Khimes7Khimes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess... that right now, I hate being a boss. that I must have had a billion calories yesterday, damn Sunday brunch with free champagne!  
  • HOLSTANGHOLSTANG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that now that I have no gallbladder, all I want is pizza and a side of Alfredo sauce from Olive Garden. I confess I really want to buy the $200 cake topper I've been drooling over, but I won't. But I REALLY want to.
  • jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kati0105_  THE only reason my mom had to ask was because my parents cant pay for the entire wedding them selves my mom asked me before she asked FI parents and i said it was fine, she said yes and so they are paying for the florist, but we had to.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that with just over 30 days to go I'm starting to freak out. I thought I was all calm and cool but I found a small break out of hives on my right arm to show me that I'm feeling the stress.I confess that I broke my meal plan and had a ball at my bachelorette party on Saturday and was in recovery yesterday. Back on the plan today, but it was totally worth it! 
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I have almost quit my job three times today. Most recently, I considered walking out after my office "roommate" came back from lunch and shut off the lights. She says she gets a migraine with light. I say she's a vampire, and my eyesight is going bad. It's dreary enough outside with the smoke and ash all over the sky. We need it to be dreary inside too? She even closes the blinds! I confess that I was kind of hoping the fire would actually cause me to not be able to come to work this week, like last year when it blocked off the 118 freeway for a few days. I confess also that I made it sound like there was no reason for my one ounce weight loss this week. I DID work out three times, but I also had pasta Friday night and pizza Saturday night, not to mention a bunch of those sugar coated dried mango strips from costco. I failed to mention that to my Jenny Craig consultant, and only talked about the three workouts. OK.
  • RegmRegm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am really starting to understand those girls on the Bridezilla shows...Don't people just understand this is so much stress for brides....That's it....
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am back teaching now and I love my job, but sooooooo much rather be home havin' drinks and wedding planning! I confess that I am OVER bridesmaid dresses!!!  My gals decided that the ones they agreed upon initially were too tight in chest and revealing and they are getting new ones.  I told them to just do it on their own, but I'm still getting dragged into it!  Arggh!I confess that people need to send back their (bleepin') RSVPs!!!!!Ok, feel better now!  thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I have never done Monday confessions bc by the time I read all of you girls confessions I feel better just on the fact that so many people feel relieved afterwards...kinda funny that I live vicariously (sp?) through you all...I confess that...I need to pick freakin wedding colors but no one has an opinion until I pick something and then no one likes themI have a secret stash of choc chip cookies AND cheezits in my desk drawer yum!I feel burnt out on wedding stuff already and I have nothing done!ahhh that does feel better :)
  • edited December 2011
    Lnc0185: I hear you on the wedding burn out. I've been there for about a month. People keep asking me how things are going and I just stare at them. heh.
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that it was really hard to leave the house and go back to work this morning. I would be so embarassed if my parents had asked DH's family to foot some of the bill for the wedding. And I'm a little shocked that you gave your mother the ok to ask... DH's family didn't give us a dime, but I didn't think it was polite to ask. In this society things are quite different. There were things that I wanted special for my wedding, so I paid for them myself. There are many couples who foot the bill for their entire weddings now.
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess....that i possibly may have turned into a bridezilla...i got super upset when FI told me that the wedding may not go perfectly and that stuff would go wrong because not everything is perfect.i yelled "DON'T TELL ME MY F***** WEDDING ISN'T GOING TO BE PERFECT!" i was mad at him for a week.i confess...that i keep pushing my wedding diet back and honestly i don't care. food is just that good!i confess...that the thought of moving in with FI and living with FMIL makes me want to run for the hills.oh i feel better :P
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I feel better now without even confessing anything :-)
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess . . .I am secretly thinking of reactivating my warcraft account.  I should have practiced while I was visiting the FI, but I didn't.  I am kind of blowing off working on my Save the Dates.  They should have been sent already, but I really don't feel like finding out how many printer cartridges I have to buy.One thing about flowers, when in doubt and on a strict budget--go with colors rather than specific blossoms.  That gives you more wiggle room with your budget. For example: let's say you want a purple filler in your flowers; you had your heart set on lilac which can wholesale for anywhere between $12(Trader Joes) to $22(Typical Wholesale supplier) for a bunch of 10 stems; but you find that money is tight--well you go by colors you can go for statice instead(which yeah isn't as pretty, but can be found in purple and will give you the color you wanted) which wholesales for $3.75 to $4.50 per bunch of 10.
  • edited December 2011
    I would be so embarassed if my parents had asked DH's family to foot some of the bill for the wedding. And I'm a little shocked that you gave your mother the ok to ask... DH's family didn't give us a dime, but I didn't think it was polite to ask. In this society things are quite different. There were things that I wanted special for my wedding, so I paid for them myself. There are many couples who foot the bill for their entire weddings now. Yup, my thoughts exactly.
  • edited December 2011
    dlx81: I moved in with FI four years ago, and his mother was living with him. RUN! But seriously, one of the first things I had to do was stop saying "I live with my mother in law," and say "my mother in law lives with me." It was around that time this distinction was made that her furniture and accessories all ended up in her room and out of my living room :)
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    phiaska - thanks for the words of wisdom. the thought of moving in really gave me cold feet. but you are right "my MIL lives with me!"only my fellow brides would understand. thank goodness for knotties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards