Moms and Maids

mom as MOH?

Would it be weird to ask my mom to be my MOH? I'm 20 years old. I don't have a lot of really good friends that I know I could depend on. My future Mother in law suggested that I ask my mom but she's a little crazy so I wanted another opinion.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: mom as MOH?

• It's not common but there's nothing wrong with it, if that's what you want to do.
  • There's nothing wrong with having your mom be your MOH. However, you don't have to HAVE a MOH at all, so don't ask someone just to fill the position. And what do you need to "depend on" the person for? Do you not think she would show up to your ceremony? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited December 2012
    Ditto PP - you don't NEED a MOH. All you need are two witnesses to sign. Your mother can be a witness without being MOH. Where are you getting married? Liturgical churches usually don't allow relatives to be witnesses.
  • I think if you WANT her to be your MOH, then it's really sweet. Really, really sweet. But if you're doing it just to fill a position, don't sweat it, and just don't have a bridal party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards