Not Engaged Yet

T&P please.

BF's grandpa just went in to the hospital on Saturday morning for extreme pain in his back, although he has had a bad back for a while now. They just discovered a tumor on his spine, and he'll be starting radiation soon.

I'm not entirely clear on what's going on but that is what I do know. I know BF and his family would really appreicate any thoughts and prayers at all.

And if anyone has any insight or advice on what I can do... please share.

Re: T&P please.

• edited December 2011
    The best thing you can do is be there for your BF and his family. If you want to do something nice or help his grandparents out you could send over a few casseroles, a fruit or food basket (think Harry and David) or some nice flowers. 

~vibes~

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Bren.  I hope things turn out okay.  Hugs.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.

Liv, BF's parents aren't actually here. They're in BC, and we're in Ontario which is too bad. But that is encouraging to here with your experience!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bren, sending thoughts and prayers to BF's grandpa, to you and BF, and the rest of the family. Hope everything works out okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c772d652-8a3f-4ee3-82af-f1586defaf4bPost:ea8f3d23-5daf-407a-8b8c-8a9b7d82d87d">Re: T&P please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww, bummer you're not closer. Maybe you could send them (his parents and/or his grandparents) some nice periodic handwritten notes of encouragement? When my friend was across the country and going through cancer treatment a few years back I sent weekly cards with little notes just to let him know I was thinking of him when I couldn't physically be there. It's a nice reminder that you're thinking of them without being intrusive if they are busy with treatments or aren't the sort of people who want to talk about it.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Haha I think I'm doing a bad job at clarifying... BF's parents are in BC, while me, BF, and his grandparents (including grandpa!) are in Ontario :) But that is a nice idea for his grandparents even! They're close enough that I couldu easily do that too maybe...
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Sending my T&P Bren.  I hope that your BF's grandpa will make it though this and recover.  Like others have stated, just be there for your BF and support him.
  • edited December 2011
    Sending you T&P.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that sucks, Bren.  I'm sorry.  I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Bren! I'm so sorry to hear his! BF's family will be in my thoughts

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Bren, my thoughts and well wishes are with you guys!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and prayers, of course!

My BF's grandma has been deteriorating for awhile. At least twice (including Monday night) we've gotten calls from his mom saying she might not make it through the night. She's still with us, but it's tough on BF. I just make sure I'm fully present when he talks about it, not looking at my phone, computer, tv, etc. That way he can say as much or as little as he wants and know I'm listening. That's really all you can do for him.

And I think food and a handwritten note would be a perfect thing to do for his grandparents!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You, your BF, and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

• edited December 2011
    I just said a prayer for your BF's family and his grandfather. I'll continue to pray!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Bren, sending you and BFs family thoughts, prayers and lots of love!  
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Sending some prayers.  I'm sure it'll mean the world to your BF to support him right now. 

I hope all goes well for his grandpa!
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hoping things turn out well. I'll be keeping everyone in my thoughts:)
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of good thoughts your way, Bren. Hope BF's grandpa beats that thing and gets back to kicking around town like a champ.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to this game, but I agree with PP and will be praying for you all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards