Wedding Etiquette Forum

Let's talk about something.

This place has been boring this week. I've actually chosen work over knotting, and I don't like how that makes me feel in my special places.So, let's talk about something. Pick a topic, start an argument, let's go:abortion, custody arrangements favoring mothers, legalizing pot, death penalty, smoking bans, religion, single-sex schooling, assisted-suicide, going green, gun control, bullying in schools/on the internet, cloning, health care, etc.

Re: Let's talk about something.

• I always wonder why we don't see more same sex marriages on P&E. The Boston board has definitely been getting more recently...
  • Maybe it's because we have a reputation of being judge-y biatches? Though I don't think it would extend to same-sex couples for the most part. I can only think of maybe one or two people on here who would actually judge someone for planning a same-sex wedding.
  • I can't think of any. Which makes me happy. I'd rather just be ignorant to what other people think about that in most cases because those that are against it really grind my gears.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just ate yogurt. I am completely in favor of yogurt.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • There was a weekend post awhile back where a couple of people admitted they were against gay marriage. I would hope those people would just stay out of a conversation like that. This post = fail.
  • I like yogurt too. Dammit that wasn't very controversial.
  • I too, am in favor of yogart. Except for that whipped crap. That stuff is awful.
  • Something.Some thing.Some ting.Somethings.
  • Nah, I tend to lack the controversy.  Except when I stumble unknowingly into it.

• Some ting.The Ting Tings!

• Yeah I remember that Vogt. But I think the support for those women/men would be overwhelming. Plus I would be interested to see some different views on marriage around here.
  • Greek yogurt is superior to... American yogurt (?).  Delish.
  • [i]There was a weekend post awhile back where a couple of people admitted they were against gay marriage. I would hope those people would just stay out of a conversation like that.[/i] I mean...people are entitled to believe whatever they want to believe and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, but I just can't wrap my brain around why they would think that way. So I'd rather just not know. I'm glad I missed that thread or else I might have been sad afterwards.
  • Thanks Vallyhooha. That's exactly what I was looking for :)
  • I "warned" my mom that FI's sister was bringing her fiancee to our wedding because I wanted to give her a heads up I expect her to be on her best behavior. I expected her to say "that's disgusting" or "That's horrible" but she threw me a loop and said "That's scary." Scary? Huh? Ooooo! Scary lesbians!! OOOOO!!!! FYI- I am  not with my mom on this, I just wanted to take preventative action to decrease drama potential. I told FSIL to wear rainbow socks and a "Marriage is so gay" tshirt to the rehearsal dinner. Heehee!
  • Did you guys see where Ben & Jerry's renamed Chubby Hubby to show their support for gay marriage?
  • Vallyhooha(Speaking of the ting tings) That's not my name, hey hey, that's not my name, hey hey.But I answer to it anyway :-P
  • Salty you are just too much of a sweetheart! That's all there is to it :)
  • crazy guy who tore up FI's car Friday????
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I completely agree Meaghan.
  • I know Vally, but I love calling you that! It makes your cool rating even higher in my book :)
  • Awesome! ::high five::Now I'm off to lunch. Don't have too much fun without moi.
  • Awww Meaghan...you are! Haha I still get so confused with Salty_Peanut around here. I had to check back through the thread and make sure you were talking to me. BTW all your wedding pics that have graced your sig are so gorgeous.
  • I have a cousin who is the big white gay elephant in the room, so of course my sister and I are the first to ask how her girlfriend is, and how their new apartment is, ect. while everyone else in the room cringes. I've never even met her "room mate" as her mother calls her. It's so sad. It's not even that they speak up against her being gay. They're too puss to do that. Instead they pretend she's not. WTF? So my sister and I make sure we let Cousin talk about her life and be involved like families should be. I hate my family sometimes.
  • My great aunt was gay.  No one ever talked about it.

• Anyone else just get a mental image of big white gay elephant? Anyone?
  • aww thanks! I am obsessed with those babies. I can't even believe it has been almost a year since... My sigs are never as creative and laughing inducing as yours though! One of these days...
  • Salt- I agree completely. I guess it just depends on how you view marriage. To me marriage is a comittment between to PEOPLE to trust, support and love each other while sharing their lives together. I certainly don't feel like it would take away from my comittment w/FI just because 2 people of the same gender are able to make that comittment as well. Honestly...even thinking about it gets me all fired up. The subject really upsets me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sometimes I wonder if my little brother is gay. I guess only time will tell.
  • My family is the same way Bec. I have an older cousin who I suspect is gay but has never come out. Our family is ultra-religious and very judgemental, so it wouldn't be the most welcoming environment for him. He has a lot of emotional issues, and I suspect the cause of a lot of them are lying about his life. I'm very interested to see how they all react when a few of my gay friends are at the wedding. I know none of them will be blatently rude, but i'm looking foward to the comments to me after the wedding about "those people" so I can be a biatch to them about accepting my friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards