Wedding Party

Hostess attire

What should hostesses wear to the wedding?

Re: Hostess attire

• Ummm yes a hostess is the person who handles your cards, show people where to sit, guestbook, handles favors, etc. You CAN dictate to your hostess what you would like them to wear. (i.e. all black, red and black, etc.) Its your day and if they will be greeting guests you many want them to look the part and in uniform with the rest of the wedding party. Im sure it will not be a big deal to them as long as your not asking them to buy a dress a bridesmaid would or something. Please remember its YOUR day and you can have what you want. :) HTH
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_hostess-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:88414b4f-18bc-42e0-9e86-972cffe2bde8Post:790a1e9f-f0c6-4da0-9719-5ec3cedef7c0">Re: Hostess attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ummm yes a hostess is the person who handles your cards, show people where to sit, guestbook, handles favors, etc. You CAN dictate to your hostess what you would like them to wear. (i.e. all black, red and black, etc.) Its your day and if they will be greeting guests you many want them to look the part and in uniform with the rest of the wedding party. Im sure it will not be a big deal to them as long as your not asking them to buy a dress a bridesmaid would or something. Please remember its YOUR day and you can have what you want. :) HTH
    Posted by sheikscorpio88[/QUOTE]

This is just pretty bad all around.
  • Not really. Its my opinion and I think its great advice.
    Anniversary
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_hostess-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:88414b4f-18bc-42e0-9e86-972cffe2bde8Post:0bd9653a-3a90-48db-a7ae-4cd6ec608802">Re: Hostess attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not really. Its my opinion and I think its great advice.

<div>Except your "opinion" is full of factual inaccuracies and encouraged people to treat their friends poorly, and to behave like a selfish child.  </div>
  • I never encouraged her to behave like a selfish child. Do you see me commenting on your opinion and telling you its wrong? No, because its your opinion and you have a right to give one as do I. Being a hostess does not equal being treated poorly. Its ultimately her decision. Not even a big deal.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_hostess-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:88414b4f-18bc-42e0-9e86-972cffe2bde8Post:689e3c85-9f77-4554-a5c8-95f9a33ed71e">Re: Hostess attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never encouraged her to behave like a selfish child. Do you see me commenting on your opinion and telling you its wrong? No, because its your opinion and you have a right to give one as do I. Being a hostess does not equal being treated poorly. Its ultimately her decision. Not even a big deal.

<div>I didn't present an opinion.  I presented facts and information.</div><div>
    </div><div>Treating people badly with the excuse "it's my day" is behaving like a selfish child.  Telling people that this is appropriate behavior is bad advice.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_hostess-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:88414b4f-18bc-42e0-9e86-972cffe2bde8Post:689e3c85-9f77-4554-a5c8-95f9a33ed71e">Re: Hostess attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never encouraged her to behave like a selfish child. Do you see me commenting on your opinion and telling you its wrong? No, because its your opinion and you have a right to give one as do I. Being a hostess does not equal being treated poorly. Its ultimately her decision. Not even a big deal.

The issue is that the advice given was completely incorrect etiquette.  You certainly have a right to your opinion but it's important to others know what is and isn't appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards