Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Poll!

This is not to fight or respond more than ONCE with your opinion. I am wanting a pure poll, not a discussion. :-D Thanks brides!In your opinion, How long after the wedding can a true 'honeymoon' be taken?No explanations are needed! Just the answer to the question. :) Thanks ladies!!

Re: Honeymoon Poll!

• Options
    Hmmm...3-6 months...?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is a totally subjective question, so the notion of one singular "true honeymoon" strikes me as an odd one. In any case, I fall under the "it's just a name" camp, and I'm not convinced it has an expiration date. I mean, what is a honeymoon other than your first big trip together? My parents took theirs two years after the wedding, because that's when they could a) afford it and b) it was the first time my Dad had some vacation time from the navy.
  • Options
    Whenever, at least within a year after the weddingA honeymoon is a honeymoon (whenever it is), there shouldn't be a time stamp on it, just my opinion
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Within a month.
  • Options
    I say within a year...
  • Options
    Before one of you dies.My parents didn't go on a honeymoon until I was 7 and they were married 4 years before I was born.  They just didn't have the money when they were married.  Some people have different priorities.  For some a romantic get-away is how they want to start their married life.  For others that get-away is better taken later on.SO many people take "second honeymoons" later in life.  But if it's your first get-away together I see no problem with it being your "true honeymoon".We were lucky in that we were able to take our honeymoon right away.  But if we weren't and were just going on it now I'd still be calling it my honeymoon!
  • Options
    No expiration. DH and I went to Cedar Point in Ohio two days after our wedding. That was just a trip for us. Our honeymoon is in two weeks because it's Disney and it's going to be more special.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HM is just a name. it's a vacation. there is no expiration date. "what is a honeymoon other than your first big trip together? " this i completely disagree with. i never would've considered marrying DH without traveling with him. we (as do many other couples) took a bunch of large trips together before we got married. i didn't check the bio of the girl who wrote this but it seems that this would apply to those right out of school or who haven't traveled before-so it doesn't apply to many many many people.

• Options
    Mmm, that would be me, and I totally don't disagree with you. My husband and I met in Japan and have pretty much spent the last 5 years on the road, so yeah, I think that people ought to travel together before they get married. Perhaps I should have thrown the caveat in "what is a honeymoon than the first big trip you take together after marriage" but the after part seemed implicit.
  • Options
    LOL yes, you're right, but since none of us really know each other it's not easy to tell what others are implying......I know what you mean though.

• Options
    Oh shoot.  I guess DH and I shouldn't have gotten married then.  Our wedding/HM was our first trip together unless you count traveling to meet each other's families.  Though I must say, for a couple who didn't travel together or live together before marriage we're doing pretty good.  So, I dunno... maybe that's NOT a requirement for a good marriage?
  • Options
    Clearly you didn't read my post closely. If you had you would've noticed that I didn't make it a general statement-I wrote for "many" or "some" or gave my own personal feeling about my relationship with my DH, not with anyone else. Read carefully :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards