Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Loring Pasta Bar & Varsity Theater - Minneapolis, MN

Hello!Has anyone attended a wedding at or is currently planning their ceremony & reception at the Loring Pasta Bar and Varsity Theater in Minneapolis? I'm getting married there in July 2010 and am looking for any postitive or negative feedback/tips about the venue as it is quite non-traditional. Any suggestions or cautions would be greatly appreciated!Thank you!

Re: Loring Pasta Bar & Varsity Theater - Minneapolis, MN

• edited December 2011
    Lucky--N.D. Not in my budget.
  • slcwslcw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish!! Been to both places and they would be absolutely gorgeous places for weddings/receptions!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for VT couples! I'm holding my reception at the Varsity in Oct 2010, so I'm not exactly a fountain of firsthand knowledge. I do know that having assigned seating doesn't work very well - we're treating our reception like a cocktail reception, and we're renting out the future "Phantom's Lounge" upstairs to accommodate groups of people who wish to be away from the hustle & bustle downstairs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knottie meye0663 / mrs.meye0663 had her wedding there. HTH!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • dancing_luladancing_lula member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception there on 7/25/2009 and it was the best day of my life!  They are fantastic and everything ran so smoothly.  They're laid back, the food is great, the space is *awesome*.  People couldn't stop telling us how wonderful it was.  Highly highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for something a little different.  If you have questions, just let me know. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the exact scenario (Ceremony at the Pasta Bar and Reception at the Varsity). Thus far things have been okay, we really have not gotten into the detailed aspects of planning. One word of advice is make sure you keep a close eye on both their calendar and write everything down. We had a bit of a horror story with a "clerical" error with the Varsity. Our wedding date is September 18th 2010, and according to the Varsity it was September 18th 2009, despite the contract we had and immediately faxed over. Other than that (knock on wood) we are so very excited for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards