DC

I'm ready for someone else to plan this thing...

Days like today make me wish that I had the money for a wedding planner. No particular reason really. I'm just over it right now. Hopefully things will pick back up shortly. I bought a new magazine today - maybe that'll help!

Re: I'm ready for someone else to plan this thing...

• edited December 2011
    I hear you! It would be a lot easier to have someone else doing all the grunt work. I was just looking at your blog - are you going to have cupcakes instead of wedding cake? If so, where are you going to get them?
  • guacamollyguacamolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I'm not doing cupcakes instead of a cake. I wanted to, but my FI and mom both fell in love with a DC themed cake from Cakes by Linda, so I gave in. I would however NOT reccommend Red Velvet Cupcakery in DC. I've had them before and they aren't good. I liked Georgetown Cupcake, but I think they're a bit overpriced if you're doing to be doing a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    Also try Hello Cupcake or Fancy Cakes by Leslie.  I actually think cupcakes can be more expensive than cakes, but they are super cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Guacomolly - what are you over?  Anything other knotties can help with?
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wanted to let you know I baked your cookie in a cupcake recipe and they were awesome!  I didn't have the patience to make the icing so I used ready made.  Keep posting! :) Same as above - anything we can do?
  • guacamollyguacamolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Yeah, actually the second time I made those cupcakes I used premade frosting too and I think they tasted MUCH better. I'm not a huge buttercream fan though. I don't think so, but thanks for asking! I just felt like everyone was teasing me for planning so much, so soon, so I took a break for most of the summer and now my DIY list looks daunting. I think if I just start making decisions and actually DOING stuff, I'll start to feel like I'm making progress. We did decide on the favors, so I feel good about that!
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the same thing (we'll be engaged for 18 months and we have about 8 to go) so I got most of our vendors secured and save the dates just went out.  I took a couple months off to and now I feel like I'll be in full swing until the month of!  When I feel overwhelmed or I don't want to look up one more website on shoes - I just take a break and know that I'll be productive when I am in the mood!  Plus - we have time on our side!We're here for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards