Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    I confess that I think the last poster (before me) in this thread (http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-travel-mexico) is an idiot, and it's annoying me more than it should. Just...argh! I hate when people come in trying to nitpick and getting it WRONG on top of that anyway, and the tone of "well I studied South America, have you ever even heard of these things?" made me want to go home to NorCal, find her, and slap her.

Yes I have fuckingheard of Salvador Allende, now do you really want to get into a pissing contest about who knows more about Chile?

OMG, just saw she wants to do a money dance. In CA, where I have never heard of one. I officially hate her.
  • Options

I confess that I'm taking on a non-profit event for good and bad reasons.

I was offered the position to chair an event where we take less fortunate kids Xmas shopping.  I'm part of an organization that does a lot of stuff like this.
    I'm happy to be able to help, but I'm way too excited about how the organization and chairing an event for them will look on my resume. I feel guilty for even considering that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've never even been on the Honeymoon board, but it sounds like it's rife with idiocy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:69a5be0e-4491-426b-bcc8-68dfb2361924">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR did you ever share (*ahem* or confess) why? You've mentioned it before. Inquiring minds would like to know. But not if you don't feel comfortable.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

I haven't because I know how the Knot memory works.  I have said that H's uncle gave him a joint as his wedding present.  And smoking pot was a big part of H's past (snowboarding and artist crowd in college) and I guess having it right there (plus having a friend from that past as one of his groomsmen) plus the being tired of dancing and mingling with family was just the right combination.  So him and the friend went outside to smoke it.

I didn't know where he'd gone because I was dancing with friends and when I found out I was pretty pissed.  The last half hour of the reception and the wedding night weren't exactly how I'd pictured them.  H felt REALLY horrible that he'd upset me so much and we've since moved on.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:53965c85-9f6c-4b28-8d2a-b93f141e2da8">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I think the last poster (before me) in this thread ( <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-travel-mexico" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-travel-mexico</a> ) is an idiot, and it's annoying me more than it should. Just...argh! I hate when people come in trying to nitpick and getting it WRONG on top of that anyway, and the tone of "well I studied South America, have you ever even heard of these things?" made me want to go home to NorCal, find her, and slap her. Yes I have fuckingheard of Salvador Allende, now do you really want to get into a pissing contest about who knows more about Chile? OMG, just saw she wants to do a money dance. In CA, where I have never heard of one. I officially hate her.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]
    She posted here the other day. Close up e-ring hand sigs bother me.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:5d003861-3f96-412a-a35c-07127545bc0e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : She posted here the other day. <strong>Close up e-ring hand sigs bother me.</strong>
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

My club board is using that as their siggy challenge this month. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Sometimes I don't like to see people's hands that close...
  • Options
    TR - that's not that bad and totally understandable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah I definitely side-eye the uncle far more than I side-eye your husband. 
  • Options
    aw TR, I'm sorry :( That's crappy. Stupid Uncle!!

but definitely as far as my knot memory that would just be a blip :)
  • Options
    *puts my blunt away real quick*

Ahem... where were we :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:4bee34cc-a7e7-46f6-8914-030b9c2b461b">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ew that girl needs to clean under her fingernails!!!
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

She also needs to take Poli's advice and take her new last name out of her sig. Because there are only 2 people with her FI's name in all of CA, according to the White Pages.*

*I don't hate her that much, nor am I a total creeper, but I saw Poli had said that to her and was curious to see whether or not you can actually find anything with the info she still hasn't removed. It would appear you can.
  • Options
    :)  Thanks ladies, that really makes me feel good.  I didn't tell anyone for the longest time (and have only told one of my IRL friends) because I was so embarassed.

My reaction was definitely compounded by my exhaustion and "but it's my WEDDING DAAAAAY"
    ttc chart
  • Options
    You'd think with her hoity toity college degree, she wouldn't be so stupid.
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    LOL Birdie. 

TR- I understand completely.  I'm sorry you fought about it, and I'm very glad to hear you guys have resolved it to your satisfaction. H and I just had our first real fight, if you can even call it that.  It was about the Bodies exhibit, of all things. 

I confess that H's niece really bugs the crap out of me.  It's really terrible because she's only like 14-15 years old and she has issues.  AND her family has always been completely wonderful to me, H, and my kids. But it's not pleasant to be around her.  I feel the same way about one of my nephews, but we rarely see him AND H agrees with me about him.  OTOH, he adores this niece.   I feel horrible. 
  • Options
    Oh. Great. I apparently activated some kind of batsignal, and little miss B.A. in South American Studies is back on E.

TR, that sucks. Salt, that really sucks. One of the GMs passed out at some point toward the end of our wedding, but his girlfriend had the sense to put him to bed in the groom's room upstairs, so that didn't affect anything.
  • Options
    I'm actually still irritated that some of H's family didn't even seem to TRY and have a good time at our wedding.  It was hardly a stuffy event.  A) We were in Vegas B) the ceremony was on a beautiful balcony with the Bellagio fountains playing just for us C) the reception was totally chill with lots of free alcohol, tons of good food, comfy seats, and an f'ing Elvis impersonator.

What kind of jerk do you have to be to not have a good time at a wedding like this?  SMIL and BIL both have such sour looks on their face in every goddamn picture, and FIL looks bored to death.  Just makes me wish I hadn't spent money on them and just invited my own family who had an awesome time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:d33bb932-9092-4d2d-b53a-d420772dc3c2">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually still irritated that some of H's family didn't even seem to TRY and have a good time at our wedding.  It was hardly a stuffy event.  A) We were in Vegas B) the ceremony was on a beautiful balcony with the Bellagio fountains playing just for us C) the reception was totally chill with lots of free alcohol, tons of good food, comfy seats, and an f'ing Elvis impersonator. What kind of jerk do you have to be to not have a good time at a wedding like this?  SMIL and BIL both have such sour looks on their face in every goddamn picture, and FIL looks bored to death.  Just makes me wish I hadn't spent money on them and just invited my own family who had an awesome time.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

This was my cousin and her boyfriend who were hung over and didn't get up from their table once the whole time.  I've mentioned that before too.  And yep, still bitter about it.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:d33bb932-9092-4d2d-b53a-d420772dc3c2">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually still irritated that some of H's family didn't even seem to TRY and have a good time at our wedding.  It was hardly a stuffy event.  A) We were in Vegas B) the ceremony was on a beautiful balcony with the Bellagio fountains playing just for us C) the reception was totally chill with lots of free alcohol, tons of good food, comfy seats, and an f'ing Elvis impersonator. What kind of jerk do you have to be to not have a good time at a wedding like this?  SMIL and BIL both have such sour looks on their face in every goddamn picture, and FIL looks bored to death.  Just makes me wish I hadn't spent money on them and just invited my own family who had an awesome time.
    I have a feeling that most of FI's family won't like our wedding. My family parties, and theirs doesn't. I know for a fact FI's granddad (who raised him) will leave very shortly into the reception. FMIL and I talked about it the other day. He doesn't like to be around drinking.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Kiki, I feel the same way about DH's aunt, uncle, and grown cousins. They RSVP'd for five, showed up with four with no explanation, looked effing miserable the whole time, and left the split second the cake was cut.

Apparently that's just how they treat everyone though, so DH told me not to worry about it. I feel sorry for them. I'd hate to go through life having that little fun.
  • Options
    Seriously Emily...that thread started and I totally lolled at my desk. :)

And yeah it sucked and the situation was sad, but there wasn't anything I could do. I tried to help her afterwards, but you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped. She stopped talking to me and the rest of our friend group and now our friendship is over. *shrug*
  • Options
    I don't know if it would bother me as much had there been more people there.  But it does make me wish I had invited some friends who would have appreciated it more.
  • Options
    Speaking of classy, legend has it that FI's BM got wasted drunk at our friend's wedding (before I knew FI) and ended up puking off of the balcony onto some golf carts at the country club wedding. The groom's dad was a member of the CC. :-/
  • Options
    Opal, this is really how they are all the time too I think.  So I shouldn't take it personally.  And my MIL and SFIL had fun at least- SIL tried to have fun but she was 6 months pg, so she's forgiven.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:8071cfbe-13ee-457a-ad85-ecb54bf8257e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kiki, I feel the same way about DH's aunt, uncle, and grown cousins. They RSVP'd for five, showed up with four with no explanation, looked effing miserable the whole time, and left the split second the cake was cut. Apparently that's just how they treat everyone though, so DH told me not to worry about it. I feel sorry for them. I'd hate to go through life having that little fun.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

Opal, this happened to us. H's cousin and her husband threw a shitfit about their 21-year-old son and his girlfriend getting their own invitation (apparently that implied we didn't think they were all a family) and about their 10-year-old not being invited (no kids). We caved on the kids thing because in the end it wasn't worth totally tearing apart that side of the family, which would have happened.

Typical then that in the end, they showed up really casually dressed and missing the older son who they'd RSVPed for with no explanation from him or them to this day. They are just crappy people.
  • Options
    Ok new confession - I have Katy Perry's California Girls in my head.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well ladies, this has been a very cathartic confessions thread <3  I'm headed home for the day, have a great night everyone!
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:9a316aa1-5e8f-471b-a11a-e7be86a17df9">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I was pissed with H on our wedding night. We stayed down in the hotel bar until 1am talking to his college friends. Then I went upstairs and he ran a bottle of scotch down to his BFF's room. He was there for an hour. I went to bed alone, so that was awesome. He wanted to wake me up to have sex when he got back. I'm like, <strong>"fine, but we have people coming for bagels in about 7 goddamn hours."
    </strong>Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Mer, this situation isn't funny, but this line cracks me up for some reason.
  • Options
    Oh, and that sucks, Bubba.  Drunk people should not be allowed to play with sharp objects.

And I'm jealous of all of you who are going home- I have another hour :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:7f528c82-58aa-41ad-9bf2-110f6d1d4290">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : This was my cousin and her boyfriend who were hung over and didn't get up from their table once the whole time.  I've mentioned that before too.  And yep, still bitter about it.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

One of our GMs was really hung over on our wedding day. From drinking after the RD the night before. He even fell asleep in the limo. It's like... dude, you're 37. I know you're sort of on vacation, but you're in a WP and you know the consequences of heavy drinking by now. Plus we didn't start pics until 2pm.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8cff0f02-bc33-475b-a497-734f1701d3c0Post:a2ae0d4f-7369-4699-818d-9eaf61145f2b">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Mer, this situation isn't funny, but this line cracks me up for some reason.

Haha, I'm so old. I get cranky if I have less than 7.5-8 hours of sleep.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to yell at some kids to get off my lawn and take my metamucil.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards