Louisiana-New Orleans

After party locations in the French Quarter?

So I am reading all these great posts about a 3 hour vs 4 hour reception...we are doing a 3 hour with an after party, so now I'd love some advice on great after party locations!

A lot of our guests are young and will most likely attend the after party at least for an hour or so, so ideally the place should be big enough for ~100 people. If it's a place cheap enough to get drink specials or a limited tab that would be great too.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: After party locations in the French Quarter?

• edited December 2011
    Pat O's?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    If you want something kind of dive-y I'd go with the Gold Mine, Erin Rose, or Yo Mama's.  For something really unique to New Orleans Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop.  For a great bar that's usually not too crowded or expensive, I'd do the bar at Tujaque's. For a touch more upscale, but still local and unique I'd try Hermes Bar at Antoine's.  For the higher-end set, I'd go for the Carousel Bar at the Monteleone. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Carousel Bar is super awesome!!! Good idea!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    FYI the Carousel Bar & part of the Monteleone lobby are currently being renovated/expanded, so the bar is on the small size right now. I've only seen it twice (both times in last couple of months), but my planner assured it more it's normal size is much larger than what I saw when I expressed concern about hosting a welcome party there. I need space for ~100 also and there would be overflow into the lobby at it's current size. I guess there is a wall up and behind the wall they are doing the construction on a second bar to expand the current one and a restaurant that will open to the lobby. I don't know when your wedding is, but I was told it should all be completed in the next several months. It is definitely a cool spot worth checking out. Hermes Bar is one of our favorites spots!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing Pat O's
  • MMLM2012MMLM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all great suggestions, thanks! So are y'all planning to just show up, or set something up more formally with the bar ahead of time? I'm worried about having enough room in case everyone decides to come!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop.  It's a piano-bar, sit-down, chill kind of place.  My FI used to work there and we just love the atmosphere.  It all depends on how you will feel after your wedding.  If you're exhausted, that might be the perfect place to end the night.  If you're energized, I'm totally a fan of Goldmine for some post-reception dancing!  (Disclaimer: there is a $5 cover at Goldmine).  You can't go wrong in the quarter.  If you're not having fun at one place, you can just walk right on down to the next place.  Leaving some spontaneity to the night might be fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards