Texas-Houston

Brady's Landing

Has anyone ever been to a wedding here or had their wedding here?

It is so unique. I wish there were more pictures from weddings here.

I am going to their open house on the 25th...but basically this post boils down to me being incredibly impatient...as usual :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brady's Landing

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! That was the first place I looked in my wedding planning. I love everything about them, especially the price! Our estimate was a little over $5K for 200 people! But you'll really like it!
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to any weddings, but I have been to a bunch of banquets there. The banquets have always been well organized, and the place is a restaurant first, banquet facilities later, so the food is good as well.

They also have several banquet rooms that you can choose from which range from small (50-75 people) to their ballroom which can fit hundreds.

Have you ever been there?
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I haven't been up there yet. Fi and I were going to go have dinner there to check it out after the BE, but we were exhausted. They are having an open house on the 25th so we are definately going then.

The price is a HUGE plus. It is so much for your money. What I really love is the uniqueness. I wanted something a little different. It's also a plus that the food is good...because Fi's only request has been that the food be good lol! Go figure!

PJS001- You actually introduced me to Brady's! I saw one of your posts so I looked it up....and it was love :) I saw boats and ran with it. Fi thought I was crazy because I hadn't even shown him pictures and I kept going on about it and how a nautical theme would be awesome! So I showed him pictures and he is completely in love with it too. Sooooo excited!

I love the fact that it is on the ship channel and have heard you really see the boats...do either of you remember that?

Thank you so much for your input ladies! I asked a couple of DJ's about it at the BE, but all they could really tell me was that it was hard to get to/not in the best area but that it was nice. So I was getting worried!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It isn't hard to get to it is right off a main road. And the neighborhood isn't bad, it is just old, and deeply Hispanic. But I honestly have never had a problem at all the events I have attended there. Just keep an open mind when you are driving to the location because I think it is really worth it and their pricing is hard to beat.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• rrogers24rrogers24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several weddings and/or receptions there and it is a really nice venue.  The food was good as well.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know...thats what I can't get past is the pricing! Oh yes, I am not scared of any of that. They made it sound like you have to drive down ghetto avenue lol.

Yay! I am excited!

Thanks again Ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, I called them and was checking their drinks, alcohol is a sticking point with me. Their drinks, for open bar, was $35pp which is wayyyy more than a lot of places I checked out!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_bradys-landing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:148df542-0883-4d40-b28f-18243f9aa865Post:de074d92-b774-403c-a85c-5fcf49f824e4">Re: Brady's Landing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to a wedding there and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! That was the first place I looked in my wedding planning. I love everything about them, especially the price! Our estimate was a little over $5K for 200 people! But you'll really like it!
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]
    Can you please check your private message? I sent you a message. Thanks.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, we aren't having alcohol. We are having it during the day so I feel like we don't need it. Also, Fi and I don't drink very often and if we do it is one drink...so we just didn't think it was necessary for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards