Colorado-Denver

Men's Tailor?

I know there is already a post for alterations today, but I'm not sure if a seamstress for a wedding dress would also be good at men's suits. FI is getting his suit from the outlet mall and I imaging it is going to need tailoring, so, does anybody know of a good tailor that is affordable? FI has a very well dressed co-worker who recommended somebody for us, but he charges $250 per suit! TIA!

Re: Men's Tailor?

• VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Christine Hoyt does all kind of clothing, so you might want to give her a call.  She could probably give you a good idea of what she'd charge via phone. Also, I used a neighborhood tailor to alter some dress pants recently.  The price was reasonable and she did a really good job.  I live near Cheesman Park, which I know isn't close to you, but I always think a good recommendation is worth a short drive.  I can get you the info - e-mail me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christine @ CH studios does tailoring for mens ware (it was on her website when I first looked into her for alterations). My FI is getting his suit alterations done at Mens Warehouse. We just did his alterations appointment this weekend & it was $49 for getting the jacket sleeves taken up, pants hemmed, waist taken in, buttons for suspenders, & getting the pants pressed with the superseam. (He bought his suit at MW, so I'm not sure if they charge more for alterations on suits that aren't theirs or not...but it might be worth looking into?)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christine Hoyt makes custom suits all the time. She can do it.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!! Looks like Christine Hoyt is the way to go! I gave her info to FI and we will take the suit to her as soon as we buy it.
  • edited December 2011
    I know a seamstress that does mens suits and wedding dresses. Call Cathy at (719) 433-4877. She is very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards