Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invitations - laser print or hand address?

I need your thoughts ladies! I am wondering if it's ok to laser print the outer envelope of our invitations (with the address) if we do the inner envelopes by hand? I never thought I would consider this option, but when faced with 250 invitations to address and my already poor handwriting, I'm considering this option. I've done a mock up with really fancy font and it doesn't look bad. And since people usually throw away the outer envelope anyway, why spend the time? But then I want to make a good first impression when guests receive them in the mail.Thoughts? Advice?

Re: Invitations - laser print or hand address?

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're addressing 250 invites?  So, 400-500 guests?  Or do you mean 250 guests, which would be 100-150 invites? I addressed our 100 invites by hand and it only took one evening.  Not hard at all.  It seems daunting, but each one only takes a few seconds. I think the mail merge and envelope printing would be more hassle than what it's worth.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH has beautiful handwriting and offered to address ours (about 90 invites for 200 people).  As we got some "no" rsvps back, we knew we could invite a few extra people and I just printed those off.  Honestly, the handwritten ones were gorgeous, but I doubt the last couple of people will even notice that theirs is printed.
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We printed ours - I would have loved to have found someone to hand address them, but in the end we decided to print the labels (our envelopes were chocolate brown).  With mail merge, it was really qucik and easy.  We used the same font as the invites and all I had to do after the mail merge was adjust the size of the font on a few longer names.  Even with previewing the entire list (just over 200 invites) and tweaking some individual addresses (size, alignment, etc.) so they looked perfect, I had them formatted and printed in just over an hour.
  • leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had an invite party where several of us bridesmaids came over and addressed them for her. She was there giving us addresses and putting the invites together cause she has terrible writing. It was a fun evening.
  • edited December 2011
    I have 250 invitations, 451 people invited! My Fiance is from a small town, so lots of people need to be invited, but won't attend since we're getting married in the Cities in January.Thanks for the advice! I'm leaning towards laser printing directly on the envelope (no label). I know it will save tons of time, I won't have a hand cramp, and they'll still look nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I print mine and no one said one word about it. They didn't care if they were printed or hand written. Do what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards