Kentucky-Louisville

Linens

Does anyone have suggestions are where to find some reasonably priced tablecloths and possibly napkins?  Generally, what's a good price to rent tablecloths?  Thanks!

Re: Linens

• edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about buying my own table overlays and table runners, then selling/reusing them after.  I'm finding it to be cheaper or the same price as renting them.  The lady doing the centerpieces will rent me table overlays for $8 apiece (costs $5 to buy), or will charge $1/table for me to buy them and her to place them on the tables.  Check out efavormart.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I read some forums about a few people who purchased them instead of renting them and then sold them after.  I guess it would be ideal to buy them gently used and then resell them.  Thanks for the site - I'll check it out!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased our linens from linentablecloth.com They're actualy doing a 20% off sale right now. You can resell them afterwards.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Birdie!  I'll check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually selling the white table clothes that I used for my wedding.  They are 120 inch rounds (fit 6 ft round tables to the floor).  I have 23 (2 of which are brand new).  The used ones have all been laundered and are hanging. I'm askng $230 for all of them OBO.  If you are interested, email is the best way to get ahold of me:  amymusterman@yahoo.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PTLATH01PTLATH01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that if you order linens online, they will need to be pressed before use. If this is done professionally, it can cost twice or three times as much as renting them, once you purchase the linen and press it. Then after the wedding they should be cleaned and pressed again before you sell them. Try to look at all the cost assocated with purchasing linens before you make that kind of investment.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm nuts.  I'm thinking about making my own napkins!  The place we're going with said white linens included.  I assumed that meant white napkins as well.  Nope, they are .50 each.  We mostly use cloth napkins here at home so I'll save them for us and then try to sell the rest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PTLATH01 - I was curiious if they'd need to be pressed if I purchased them.  Definitely something to think about.

DestinationBride - I don't think you're nuts.  Have you calculated what making them will cost? 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The linens that we've purchased from online will only need to be steamed before use because they're polyester. We were also able to find a dry cleaner in Evansville, IN that washed the used linens cheaply ($60 for 23 large cloths). I think they're in the business of serving the local restaurants, so they were able to do it efficiently.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_linens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:26225c69-3220-417e-88f0-1ba496235cfbPost:5b33825b-8c9b-4276-b347-06ee947b2abb">Re: Linens</a>:
    [QUOTE]PTLATH01 - I was curiious if they'd need to be pressed if I purchased them.  Definitely something to think about. DestinationBride - I don't think you're nuts.  Have you calculated what making them will cost? 
    Posted by katbeth[/QUOTE]

No I haven't.  Today is the first days since mid August that I've been back in planning mode.  Being a college student, having a total of 4 children, and plan a wedding is getting complicated LOL 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bet!  Let me know if you find a good solution.  I was thinking it might work well to buy them used if I can find them for a reasonable price, that way they won't be coming straight out of the packages and I can have someone press out the areas that stand out.  Good luck juggling everything on your plate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards