Washington-Seattle

New to the board

Hello, everyone! My name's Dawn and I'm new here. My fiance and I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago, so we're in the very early stages of planning. We're hoping to have a place and date confirmed by the end of the week, but we're thinking August 28th of next year.We live on the Eastside with our two cats and both of us work in technology. I'm currently taking classes part time while I'm applying to grad school, so it's going to be a busy year! I'm hoping I can stay ahead of the curve on things so I can keep it all fun. I only get one of these, and I want to enjoy as much of it as I can.

Re: New to the board

• edited December 2011
    Welcome. Are your initials DW? We have lots of fun here. YOu will get lots of good advice and help.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congratulations! "Let the games begin!" It will be fun, exciting, nervewracking and emotionally taxing, but it will make for some darn good story telling to share with us. Don't be afraid to ask questions, give advice or just vent with us. We're good for that.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! The best advice I received was to enjoy being engaged, even when there's a lot of pressure to get everything planned asap. And to make sure you stick to what you and your FI want to do on the big stuff. Happy planning!
  • MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! : )
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! Where are you guys looking to get married??
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Great Seattle board, and congrads on your engagement. Do enjoy this time.
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Aleighy617Aleighy617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Another August 28 bride :)  look forward to getting to know you here, as well as on the Aug 2010 board.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Take a little time to just enjoy being engaged without hopping into planning because you will surely get swamped with that soon enough!First bit of advice - check out the Seattle bio in our moderator Jennlin's signature for how-tos like posting pictures in your thread. Create your signature. :DWelcome!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Yes, my initials are DW. Right now our first choice for a venue is Salish Lodge out in Snoqualmie. We've got an appointment to go check it out tomorrow afternoon. If we like it, we're booking it!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Wow, Salish Lodge, go girl!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! How did the visit go?
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The visit to Salish was... disappointing.  We were looking at the Falls Terrace with the Potlatch room, since we're going to be a bit too big for just the Terrace room (we're expecting about 100 guests).  It was very clearly two separate rooms, which neither FI nor I were particularly excited about.  It felt like we'd have two separate parties going on, rather than one big party.I might have forgiven that if we had a good view of the falls from the terrace, but we didn't.  We had a great view of the river valley, but you couldn't really see the falls at all.  They had a ballroom available which would have fit our party better, but it was a pretty standard windowless hotel ballroom, which we can get anywhere.I think the Terrace would be a great spot to have a wedding of 30-50 people.... but ours is just too big.  It was disappointing, but I'm sure we'll find something great.  So, the search continues!
  • edited December 2011
    Even though there's technically no "falls" per se, have you looked at The Canal located by the Ballard Locks?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards