New Jersey - South

**Advice: walk slowly down the aisle!!!

Ladies, I have not posted in a long time (married 1/17/09) but I came back just to remind future brides: WALK SLOWLY DOWN THE AISLE.I was at a wedding Saturday.  The bridal party and the bride (!) were speed-walking down the aisle.  All the guests couldn't believe it and the photographer was rushing to get "the shot"  It's your moment!  If you have to march, do it!  No one will think, "my God, she's walking so slowly."  Everyone wants a chance to look at you and experience that moment.

Re: **Advice: walk slowly down the aisle!!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! Nice to see you back around...how's married life?
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the 1st thing the music director at the church told us b/c our aisle isn't huge...and I'm walking in to Canon in D. He said some people speed down before he can even get to the main part of the song
  • Linda123Linda123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha!  I got nervous and started to walk fast.....My dad kind of pulled on my arm and whispered....."slow down and enjoy it"  I will NEVER forget that moment :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! And that is such a sweet moment with your dad, Linda123!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice, I am a fast walker in general so maybe if im wearing heels it will slow me down haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards