Illinois-Chicago
Options

Picture spots for after the wedding....Nov 21

So I started thinking.....Our wedding date is November 21st, 09.  The ceremony is at 3pm and should be over no later than 4....problem is, I am guessing is that it will start getting dark early by then.  We  both do not want to see each other the day of the wedding until the ceremony so that means pictures afterward................so long story short-any recommendations for places to go???Ceremony in Elmhurst and Reception in GenevaThanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Picture spots for after the wedding....Nov 21

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking of places indoors you might check out a few of these...In Elmhurst check places at the College, or the mansion across the street, either of the art museums or the greenhouse at the corner of Prospect and (Cottage Hill? Don't remember the cross street but its by the school). I'm pretty sure the art museums and greenhouse have fees for pictures but I haven't looked the info up lately.What about areas around St. Charles and Geneva like Hotel Baker which is beautiful inside or if you're ok with funky/casual pics McNally's Pub has really cool colors and textures.Driving down Rt. 31 or Rt. 25 along the river there is a small park where you may be able to catch some beautiful sunset pictures or pics on the bridges over the river.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try to get a couple snaps in right after the ceremony.  I looked it up and average sunset for November 21st is 4:25 pm.  Depneding on your photographers techniue with lighting, you could still get some pretty pictures in at night, dusck near the river in Geneva/St. Charles, like pp said.  The park between Rt 31 and Rt 25 with the big windmill and bridge is called Fabyan Forest Preserve (it's where I did a lot of my pics in my slideshow).Also, isn't Cantigny between Elmhurst and Geneva if you're taking Route 38Roosevelt into Geneva?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I had my ceremony in Elmhurst and reception in West Chicago. We had planned on taking pics at the train station in Elmhurst and up and down York Rd for some "city" feel pics. But we scratched that do to time. I think the college area or the park near the library would be fun too. You can go to Cantigny - which we did. But honestly, I wouldn't do it again. We paid like $60 to get the charter bus in and the pics would have come out just as awesome going downtown Elmhurst. Where are you getting married at? Where is your reception? Any outdoor space there?
  • Options
    banbina52banbina52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all-we had already thought maybe the greenhouse-I am not paying for a space to take pictures-I have an issue with that-although not quite sure why lol!Anyways, the church is St. Peters which is a block away from the college and the conservatory.  The hotel is The Herrington Inn and Spa-it is right on the river we(more me) is afraid it will be too dark by the time we get there to enjoy and see the river in photos.Thanks again-anymore ideas are great I totally appreciate it!KB
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a link for professional pictures in my bio.  The Chicago theater is great at night.  We also went under the tracks on Lake street but the photographer took longer messing around with flashes in the evening.  My wedding was in January and it was freezing so it was hard to stand and wait for pictures.  I also went to other areas when it was earlier but we saw each other before the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards