Connecticut

Ugh, wedding ring drama

So....We've been bringing my ring in every 6mo or so to have it inspected by Kays...and every time we asked/talked about when to order my wedding ring....And we were told to bring in my engagement ring in early Sept to have it sent out to have it replated and order the ring then and it'd be ready in plenty of time

So then there was this whole situation where the ring they sold us us that FI paid for...they dont actually carry at any of their stores, so when the engagement ring came in and they called FI they kind of gave us an oh by the way...(ISo I guess they ended up buying it from a jewlery store somewhere else?)

So anyway...got the ring on Saturday and it's too small : (
It's the exact same size as my engagement ring? But as soon as I put it on I could tell it was too small...and then I could not get it off for a while

So...took it to a local jeweler hoping they'd be able to resize it quicker.....It will be ready Saturday morning after 10:00 (The day of my wedding!....Going to be crying my eyes out if it's not ready Saturday morning)

Re: Ugh, wedding ring drama

• edited December 2011
    sorry about the ring drama :( that sucks.

where did you take it to get resized? my jeweler resized my engagement ring the same day (but that was to make it smaller...maybe making it bigger is more difficult?)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a 10/2 bride also, I am sending lots of vibes your way that you get it back in time!  I've had my E-ring sized down smaller a couple times, but never larger - but I think I've heard making it bigger is harder.  Just keep thinking good thoughts and that it WILL be ready in time!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    I took it to a jeweler in town...hoping he would do it in house...but apparently they send it out Weds and it comes back Saturday

The guy is totally confident it'll be back....I told him I'd be stressing about this all week, and he said he wouldnt be because he's confident it will be back in time.....So him being 100% confident eases my worries a little, but still...
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. Really hope you get the back in time. Usually when I get my rings resize I bring it to a bench jeweler since they can do it right in the store and not having to send it out. 
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks about the ring!  I would be worried about it being back on time, too, but since the guy said "100%" I guess that's somewhat reassuring. 

I know the Zales store that I go to has an independently contracted jeweler or whatever who resizes the rings right on size and it only took a little while as long as I showed up when he was in the store (which was weird hours, but I called ahead to be sure I'd catch him)...that was to make it smaller, I have no idea about making it bigger
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    aww sorry to hear that. I hope he is true to his word and it works out. My E ring and wedding ring from kays. and the service was never exceptional so when it came time to have my e ring replated and size down my wedding ring for the wedding i decided not to do it till after. I had the worry of it not being ready in time. GL *knottie vibes*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've always heard making rings larger was easier. I would call around to some of the places the ladies here have recommended this evening to see if anyone can do it on site. I would be too nervous to wait to have them in my hand Saturday morning. Good luck!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    A couple things to think of, if you didnt send it out already.
    If you have the ring sized somewhere other then Kay then it voids your warranty on the ring! I was going to have my e-ring sized somewhere else because they told me it would be 10 business days to have it done and I really didnt want to wait that long.

If you are willing to go ahead with the sizing of it somewhere else, Bill Selig in Simsbury will do it on the spot and the jeweler is there almost everyday until 5pm..

Good Luck!!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Well, because they bought the ring elsewhere....the warranty is only good for 6months? And the only way to renew it....is to bring it in and have it replated, and we have to do that every 6mo...and if it's 6mo and 1 day from the last time we got it replated it's no longer covered. So annoying...and I already dropped it off to him, so I'm hoping his words are true and all the positive vibes from you guys and my family will make it arrive on time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards