Snarky Brides

XP: Hold me back.

I JUST got an email from our venue manager (in response to an email I sent about something completely different) informing me (11 days away from our wedding) that we need to pay to rent chairs for the ceremony.  NO ONE TOLD US THIS AT OUR FINAL MEETING.  NO ONE PUT THIS IN THE CONTRACT.  NO ONE SAID A WORD TO ME ABOUT THIS UNTIL AFTER WE DECIDED TO HAVE THE CEREMONY THERE TOO.  If I hadn't emailed him, would I have even KNOWN before we got the bill?!

I am seriously, seriously pissed off.  I can't even respond right now because I can't formulate a response that's not in all caps with every other word a swear word.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: XP: Hold me back.

• Wowzer. What are you going to do?

• Once I calm down enough to compose a calm enough email I'm going to ask him why this wasn't told to me before 11 days before my wedding and point out that it's not in the contract. 

• We had to pay, but it was in our contract.

If they didn't devise a contract with chairs on it, I'm not sure if it's legally your responsibility.  However, if you chose to have the ceremony there after the contract was drawn up, wouldn't they revise your contract to add that cost?

That sucks major diick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • J --

Not a big deal.

Just provide carpet samples for people to sit on at the door.

This is SUCH an easy fix!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • You're right to not respond now - because you're very, very (and understandably!) upset.

When you do respond, you should definitely be bringing up the fact that this little bit of info had never been brought to your attention before - and that that is simply NOT okay.

They definitely dropped the ball.
    panther
  • Do you have any mention of chairs in any of the paperwork?  Almost would have been better if they had not brought it up until you got the bill; then you could under-pay and say show me where we contracted for chairs.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:11fa8434-6bea-4002-8c1a-93e86c13e5fa">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had to pay, but it was in our contract. If they didn't devise a contract with chairs on it, I'm not sure if it's legally your responsibility.  However, if you chose to have the ceremony there after the contract was drawn up, wouldn't they revise your contract to add that cost? That sucks major diick.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

There is definitely something in the contract about the charge for the ceremony.  $100 to have the ceremony on the premises.  That's it. Says nothing about chair rentals if applicable. 

Fishy, that's an excellent idea, and I will be doing that if all else fails.  OR I could totally make everyone make situpons at the rehearsal dinner. 

• WTF kind of people run this venue? First not being able to have rehearsal, now this?? If it wasn't in the contract and no one said anything to you before now about this, I'd tell them to kiss my huge pale ass. And if it doesn't get resolved, I'd write a review after the wedding about their subpar communication skills.
  • They should have definitely mentioned the chair scenario in the event of an outdoor ceremony. That's irresponsible that they didn't mention it, if even to cover their own asses and say they will or won't be providing chairs. I'm sorry this is happening on top of the other little nagging things. I'd be raging too right about now.

I think email is definitely your friend in this case, so that you can edit and remove any swear words before sending. Let's take a few deep breaths!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:0bf95a63-07c2-4c36-9b32-7269fa9031a1">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Hold me back. : There is definitely something in the contract about the charge for the ceremony.  $100 to have the ceremony on the premises.  That's it. Says nothing about chair rentals if applicable.  Fishy, that's an excellent idea, and I will be doing that if all else fails.  OR I could totally make everyone make situpons at the rehearsal dinner. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>If they didn't revise your contract, then legally you're right.</div><div>
    </div><div>HOWEVER, your wedding is in like, 12 days, and they may not order chairs for you at all.  Which would suck megadicks.  How long is your ceremony?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:bdbe96cd-c530-4d56-9a8c-64465c405336">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF kind of people run this venue? First not being able to have rehearsal, now this?? If it wasn't in the contract and no one said anything to you before now about this, I'd tell them to kiss my huge pale ass. And if it doesn't get resolved, I'd write a review after the wedding about their subpar communication skills.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

That's what blows my mind.  They have been AWESOME up until today, literally today.  I LOVE the coordinator, I love everything else, and now this.  I'm floored.  And shocked.

• What if, after the ceremony, they moved the chairs back into the reception space as people were lining up at the bar? That's what my venue offered to do if our guest list was too large. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Fuuck, dude, who needs chairs anyway, ya know?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm also looking at our banquet order and see nothing about chair rental.

Card, the ceremony will be probably 15 minutes tops.  Opening, reading, vows, ring ceremony, sand ceremony, closing.  But I still don't want to make people stand.  If it comes down to it, I'll pay for the damned chairs, btu I'm going to be trying my hardest to not have to.

• Your guests can stand.  Geez.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:068f4581-8cd3-4b7f-afa8-4e3c70634e9c">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also looking at our banquet order and see nothing about chair rental. Card, the ceremony will be probably 15 minutes tops.  Opening, reading, vows, ring ceremony, sand ceremony, closing.  But I still don't want to make people stand.  If it comes down to it, I'll pay for the damned chairs, btu I'm going to be trying my hardest to not have to.

<div>How much are the chairs, then?</div>
  • There are 20 chairs.  That only leaves about 70 people standing.  Totally doable ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:70364b81-ab9c-4643-8148-f49be949463b">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Hold me back. : How much are the chairs, then?
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

1.50 a piece for plastic, 3.50 a piece for wood.  So not that much, but PRINCIPLE.  We can swing it if we have to.  I'd just rather not have to.  And I'm not pleased and being informed 11 days out, when the whole reason we switched from our original plan was to not have to deal with renting chairs.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:0a4c31dc-7dda-4405-b25f-d9d223c932d1">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Hold me back. : 1.50 a piece for plastic, 3.50 a piece for wood.  So not that much, but PRINCIPLE.  We can swing it if we have to.  I'd just rather not have to.  And I'm not pleased and being informed 11 days out, when the whole reason we switched from our original plan was to not have to deal with renting chairs.

<div>Of course.  That's a shitty thing for the venue to spring on you.  I would call and speak to the owner before you decide that you'll pay for them.</div><div>
    </div><div>(Also, our chairs were $4 a pop and they were plastic and people sat in them for 8 minutes.)</div>
  • You want me to roll down to your venue and regulate?  Srsly, I will bring the pain.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-hold-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b64a312-128d-492b-ac98-0ff27daf811bPost:80569c35-1a0b-4068-a7af-866df894494f">Re: XP: Hold me back.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You want me to roll down to your venue and regulate?  Srsly, I will bring the pain.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Bring your blackup. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards