Snarky Brides

The stupid things people say

Just overheard in my office, a guy was telling someone how he has started eating salads with chicken in them for lunches. The person replied that he shouldnt eat chicken because chicken is nothing but fat and not good for you. It honest to god PAINS me to hear people say dumb crap like this, but I am keeping my mouth shut. Its the same guy who is gung ho to juice everything and when I argued why its not "the best" idea because youre drinking the calories but not getting the other benefits (feeling full from the fiber, etc) he argued that he was.

What kinda stupid stuff have you heard/seen lately? 

Re: The stupid things people say

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Uuuugh I effing hate TK
  • Today at Walmart, someone used the space in the parking lot for the cart corral as a parking space. The cart corral took up the whole parking space to begin with and this crown vic parked at the end of it. His/her car was almost 100% in the aisle. People weren't able to drive down the aisle.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My mother told me I should forget about working on my diet because to be really successful I need to be drinking Body by Vi powdered shakes every morning and never eat more than 900 cals a day because that's what worked for her.  Also, any cheese product is virtually calorie free since according to her "the nutritional benefits outweigh the calories"

She's lost 5lbs in 4 months.  I think I'm doing alright.
  • I don't have any IRL examples right now, but in general 90% of the comments on Yahoo articles make me weep for humanity. It's mind boggling how ignorant some people are, yet I can't stop reading the comments.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't get why people type their name at the end of a text message, ESPECIALLY when I talk to them weekly if not more.  Thanks for reaffirming who you are but my phone does a pretty good job of it on its own.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:3ee24897-bf19-417a-8172-73643c79a0af">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother told me I should forget about working on my diet because to be really successful I need to be drinking Body by Vi powdered shakes every morning and never eat more than 900 cals a day because that's what worked for her.  <strong>Also, any cheese product is virtually calorie free since according to her "the nutritional benefits outweigh the calories"</strong> She's lost 5lbs in 4 months.  I think I'm doing alright.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

If only that were true.  I love me some cheese.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Work drove me crazy today.  I hate when people talk to me like im a fucking moron.  If I have a tray of food in my hand and am handing it out to the table, is it really effing necessary to hold your glass in my face and say to me "UM, EXCUSE ME.  I need more soda!", when I still have 3 meals to pass out.  I see your empty glass bitch, but sure, let me stop what im doing and go get you your soda.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Lately, if I happen to do something and get hurt or whatever, people are like, "oh, well, you're pregnant!" as if that somehow makes sense in the context of what's happened. For example, I rolled my ankle last night while walking to the kitchen. I wore runners at work today and when a coworker asked me what happened, she promptly replied, "oh, well, you're pregnant!"

This happened as well at the maternity store the other day when I choked on a sip of water. Somehow choking and tripping = PREGNANT.

It's so ridiculous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:0553bc46-cd26-481a-8498-ce8b4dea3e0e">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The stupid things people say : If only that were true.  I love me some cheese.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm supposed to be eating healthy however I am making baked mac n' cheese one night this week for dinner.  I'm going to pretend the cheese part of it = 0 cals.  Om nom nom.  </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:3ee24897-bf19-417a-8172-73643c79a0af">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother told me I should forget about working on my diet because to be really successful I need to be drinking Body by Vi powdered shakes every morning and never eat more than 900 cals a day because that's what worked for her.  Also, any cheese product is virtually calorie free since according to her "the nutritional benefits outweigh the calories" She's lost 5lbs in 4 months.  I think I'm doing alright.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

My coirker must think that. She goes on and on about how healthy she eats but she put (if I had to eyeball it) roughly 90g+ of cheese on her salad today. She puts about that much on on a regular basis too.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:a5c7d9b4-1e9e-4414-8b60-e3ec3cf56b4b">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand people who call in to our office. I cover for our receptionist when she has lunch/needs to get up to do something. Every day someone calls in asking for X. Well, if X is in a meeting or on the other line, I tell them and then ask if they would like their voicemail. Never fails "Well, how long until he's out of the meeting?" or "How long will he be on the phone?" How TF am I supposed to know how long someone is going to be on the phone for? So then they'll say yes, they want their voicemail, but proceed to try and leave a message with me. That's what the voicemail is for, buddy. Irrational perhaps, but frustrating.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I hate that. A lot of people in my office do that with me in regards to people in the boardroom, wanting to know who's in there, how long they'll be and what they're discussing. How the hell should I know?! I'm not transcribing their meeting telepathically.
  • The TK ate my first post so if it comes back,I'll delete this one. I saw something stupid today. At Walmart, someone parked in the parking spot that is taken up with the huge metal cart corral. He/she parked their crown vic at the end of the corral so their car took up almost the whole driving lane. Cars couldn't drive up or down the lane.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You and your crazy Canadian measurements, Nebb.  I have no idea how much cheese that is.  I put feta on my salad every day.  It's just not a salad without some feta.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:b69bfe79-5c78-4923-9e58-9933b3d81429">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]The TK ate my first post so if it comes back,I'll delete this one. I saw something stupid today. At Walmart, someone parked in the parking spot that is taken up with the huge metal cart corral. He/she parked their crown vic at the end of the corral so their car took up almost the whole driving lane. Cars couldn't drive up or down the lane.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw something similar to this at Trader Joes yesterday.  A truck parked like an ahole and half the bed was in the parking spot behind it (taking up most of that spot).  A gargantuan SUV decided to fill the spot that maybe a bicycle could fit in... maybe.  I don't understand this at all.  The spot wasn't even "high priority" (handicap, close to the store).  It was in the middle of effin nowhere.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:66eae28a-ac2a-4c0d-a80a-acfa7fd16c5a">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Work drove me crazy today.  I hate when people talk to me like im a fucking moron.  If I have a tray of food in my hand and am handing it out to the table, is it really effing necessary to hold your glass in my face and say to me "UM, EXCUSE ME.  I need more soda!", when I still have 3 meals to pass out.  I see your empty glass bitch, but sure, let me stop what im doing and go get you your soda.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

:)  I like it when I have full hands and someone points out that I 'forgot' something.  I didn't forget, you fuckwad.   My effing hands are full.   I usually respond with something along the lines of, "Yeah, I'm just working with the two hands today" and smile.   Being passive aggressive is server/bartenders best friend sometimes.  
  • NebbNebb member
    Lol 90g is 3oz?? Is that what yous guys use?
  • Nebb- the only people who use 'grams' for measurements here are the crack dealers.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:0bfbe2c2-cf78-4924-977c-56f6b273cb61">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]You and your crazy Canadian measurements, Nebb.  I have no idea how much cheese that is.  I put feta on my salad every day.  It's just not a salad without some feta.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Mmm I love feta, but lately I've been on a bleu cheese kick.  The combination of bleu cheese crumbles and dried cranberries on a salad is just a little bit heavenly.  No need for dressing IMO, so it makes me feel better about the calories in the cheese.  I highly recommend it.
  • My hairdresser told me that the 1 bedroom plus den appartment she was looking at renting was 1200 square feet. I somehow doubt it since most of the three bedroom houses we are looking at at only about 1500 but whatever, I wasn't going to correct her, maybe it's just a really effing big appartment. My very close friend is very over weight and she eats like crap and eats very little and it drives me insane because she doesn't want to hear about how badly she is fucking up her metabolism since she things it is already fucked. But then she gets frustrated when she doesn't lose much weight. She is also planning on having a baby soon and she is freakig out about all the chemicals in the soaps and beauty products she uses. The stuff she eats is probably way worse than her shampoo.
  • 1 oz = 28 grams. This comes from months of weighing every thing I ate. I like grams better.
  • We were in Hawaii last week and we talked to a lot of people from all over, and of course made the typical small talk about where we were from.  There was one couple that once we said we were from AZ, asked us if we were surprised to see plants and how the beach sand in Hawaii is so different from the sand dunes in the desert.  I guess I don't know how much other states in the US teach about US geography/geology, but I was kind of surprised that she thought the entire state of AZ was like the Sahara desert, this isn't the first time I'd run into that either. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:2e70bca4-849d-4f65-98e9-fa8677657723">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb- the only people who use 'grams' for measurements here are the crack dealers.

Blue, I love this.

I've seen lots of bizarre things recently, but no coworker/work stories - especially since I resigned my job in early January.

We drove to Pennsylvania to attend some sort of ceremony for my husband's estranged father. He had been cremated, and the box was sitting on a lace covered table. Not a decorative one or an urn, but the cardboard outer box. The table was situated in the part of the dining room where he "always sat for family dinners/holidays" etc. Yeah - I'm sure it was pleasant for the two kids he basically abandoned to hear that he was all family-esque with people who were strangers to them.

Separate families following divorce I get. But, to literally ignore your children for 20-30 years, and claim to not be home when a child calls is shiitty.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited March 2012
    On 50 cent wing Tuesday and 60 cent boneless Thursday at Buffalo Wild Wings, I have straight up had people ask me how much the 50 cent/60 cent wings are. I just look at them and bite my tongue. We also have to card anyone that looks under forty (I card everyone, just to cover my ass). I've carded people that are obviously under forty, and they've genuinely gotten pissed because I carded them. Just because you didn't get carded every other time you were here doesn't make you a special snowflake. That just means that the other servers weren't doing their job.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:8f0c9ce5-93da-468f-8f3e-2940c21e1988">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIne also vanished, Hike, but I saw yours in the vanquished posts! We are in the middle of a snowstorm here today. Maybe 150m visibility on the highway, and yet, probably only 1 in every 4 vehicles had their lights turned on while I was driving home from work today. I can't see you! Turn your freakin' lights on. It's Alberta, we get snow all the time, you know better than this. Also, last week a 16 year old student I was subbing for told me he was born in the 14th month. Yes, 14th. When I stared at him in surprise, he couldn't figure out why until one of his friends laughed and said there are only 12 months. (His birthday is in February... so he just kept counting....)
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

When I went to go get my military ID, the person looked at my license and then started to count on his fingers. He then looked at me and said, "were you born in August." I said no October and his response was, "sorry I don't know my months."

Excuse me?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd be complimented if I got carded. In the past 23 years, I've been carded exactly 3 times (not counting college, where you had to show ID and DL to get to the alcohol). I didn't even get carded on my 21st. The last time I actually had someone ask to see my ID to get into a bar, I kissed him (it was the bouncer, and a friend's place).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:915e2b82-0bea-4f57-b5d7-5562e303b63c">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be complimented if I got carded. In the past 23 years, I've been carded exactly 3 times (not counting college, where you had to show ID and DL to get to the alcohol). I didn't even get carded on my 21st. The last time I actually had someone ask to see my ID to get into a bar, I kissed him (it was the bouncer, and a friend's place).
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Most people are really nice about it. I get those few asshats who don't understand that it's part of my job.

I've been really careful about it the past few weeks because we had a really awesome server get fired because the one person she DIDN'T card was there undercover as part of our Responsible Alcohol Service program and she got a red card. A red card means automatic termination. So ever since then I've been really paranoid because the RAS people have been coming around more often.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:2e70bca4-849d-4f65-98e9-fa8677657723">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb- the only people who use 'grams' for measurements here are the crack dealers.

I actually snorted at this. For realz.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-stupid-things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ddadb1-79eb-406e-95e0-f435cdd15924Post:97be9263-0a8d-4ad5-8349-ccf0a59b1b07">Re: The stupid things people say</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is more of an I don't get it...in regards to parking, if you pull into a space and the space in front of that one is empty, <strong>do you pull forward so that when you leave, you don't have to back up?</strong>  My H doesn't and I don't get why.  It's easier to just be able to pull out (that's what she said) than back it up. And related to phones, it never ceases to amaze me when I answer the lines that are dedicated to employee's personal use and the person on the other end just says - well, someone just called from this number so can I talk to them?  Um, what?  There are 150 people here.  HTF am I supposed to know which ONE person of the 150 people who work here called you?  One guy even asked if I could go around and start asking people.  Um. no.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I always do the pull-through. I usually look for pull-through opportunities whenever I park, even if it means walking a little more.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh Nebb, I feel for you with the guy who Juices. H has decided it's a miracle diet and won't let me tell him otherwise. He only does fruits really too - so basically I want to just shake my head. He watched some guy's documentary about juicing and now we own a juicer. ::eyeroll:: I'm trying to be supportive, but it's hard when you know it's crap.

Anyway, stupid things:
    I e-mail people forms ALL. DAY. I hate when people ask if they need to fill them out (when the e-mail says "please fill out this form") and then they ask if they can e-mail it back or if they have to come hand deliver it (90% of the time, these people are out of state and say this like "you don't expect me to hand deliver this do you?") and in my e-mail it says "please e-mail or fax this back"

Read your e-mails and life will be easier for all involved.
  • I work with a lady that likes to make a speech whenever necessary.
    She's one of those people that likes to use any "big" word she can, even when it is not the appropriate context. My favorite, though, is when she makes them up.

She often says "I want to commend everyone on their participaction!"
    When someone pointed out to her that she was saying the word wrong, she told them that he was incorrect and that it's a combination of participatory action, and "Before you try to embarrass me, look the word up, genius!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards