New Jersey - South

Did you meet with your DJ?

Okay...so our DJ comes with our reception. We had a couple to pick from and my FI just picked the one he liked (the reception hall is family owned, so FI's been to tons of weddings there and knows which DJ he likes the best) which I am fine with, but I kind of wanted to meet with him before hand so he knew what kind of styles we liked and didn't like. We're going to have a "must play" list, but is it customary to NOT meet your DJ before the wedding?
BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
hide

Re: Did you meet with your DJ?

• edited December 2011
    We met with ours at the DJ's Available showcase just to say hi. We are meeting with him again like 2 weeks before the wedding to go over everything. If you would feel more comfortable meeting with him call and set something up to ease your mind!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we did meet with our DJ. We actually meet with several before we made a decision on the company we wanted to go with. I was just picky about who we were going to have because I feel music and their personality is such a big part of the night. If you feel more comfortable meeting with them before hand even though your FI knows their style I would go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea that's what I want to do but FI thinks it is unnecessary.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Bunchy-if it will make you feel better, then def do it.  We are using DJ's Available and met our dj for a few minutes at one of their presentations but we will meet up with him a few weeks before the wedding to go over our song selections, which I like b/c I want to make sure he goes by my lists.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't meet my DJ...just did a lot of back and forths with him and I heard great things about him...I'm using Keith from Dance party Dj's.  I don't think you need too unless you know nothing about the company or the DJ
  • edited December 2011
    I was super picky about my DJ, the reason FI and I chose the one we have (we went with Synergetic Sounds) is because we got to sit down with our specific DJ when we signed contracts and he gave us a DVD of him doing a wedding.  We can also give him a list of songs we would like played and if he doesn't have the songs he will let us know and FI will burn CDs for him.  I think if you want to meet your DJ you certainly should.  They are such a huge part of the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't meet unless you count at the showcase where I picked him out but we went over everything on the phone after submitting my lists and the form with the special dances, bridal party line up etc. We used DJ's Available which made it super easy to make must play and do not play lists.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • edited December 2011
    my dj is a friend of the family so i know how he is already so thats one less thing for me to worry about .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards