Georgia-Savannah

Need suggestions for Tybee Island.

We love Savannah & Tybee Island.  My daughter is actually named Tybee :)  We will be coming from Illinois and we need to find more all inclusive packages for Tybee/Savannah area.  I have looked at Tybee island weddings and some others.  We would like to pay for everyone's stay and such when they get there which limits our budget. We would need a ceremony/reception/ dinner for about 40 people. If anyone would have suggestions that would be great! 
Thank you so much...Completely overwhelmed.

Re: Need suggestions for Tybee Island.

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Look into the Tybee Wedding Chappel.  They do a ceremony/reception package.  Also, the woman who owns that also owns a property rental company.  She's been known to work out prices for people who book weddings and property rentals through her.  It may be more economic for you to rent several beach houses than a bunch of hotel rooms.  Renting houses would also mean you have kitchens.  You can stock them with breakfast food, items to make sandwiches and such. 
    Another place for you to check out is Tybee Trees.  I don't normally recomend them because of issues they have had in the past.  However, they are under new management and seem to have turned things around. 
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.  I grew up out here on Tybee and I don't mind sharing any info I have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CRGalvinCRGalvin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WELL I love Tybee!!  Thanks for the information.  I have already checked into the Tybee Chapel and fell in love with the space but it was more than what we wanted to pay for what you get.  Especially since we will have to pay for peoples hotels.  :(  Really want to have it there but feel like it is not financially possible.
    Any other ideas would be great!  I steered clear from Tybees tree because of what I have read but I will look into it since you did say it seems to be turning around! 

Any other info would be great!  thanks so much!
  • What time of year are you planning your wedding?  I have seen some very pretty weddings at the Lighthouse.  You can also hold your reception there on the grounds.  To me, sunset is the best time to do this. 
    If you are thinking about something on the beach, look into Marlin Monroe's.  You can have your ceremony on the beach right there and then your reception either in the restaurant or on their decks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We would love to do it in October 2012.  We would even be happy with a unique place such as a barn or something not so Savannah.  We just want everyone to be able to see Savannah & love it as much as we do while they are down there!

Thanks for any help.  Laughing
  • I am also doing my wedding in Savannah....I loved Tybee Chapel as well, but wow! Expensive and it includes very little...
  • @ Zvee what company/venue are you going with, If you dont mind me asking?

• I fell in love with the tybee chapel but omg its expensive. After more research i likw the alee tybee shrine club. Its awesome. And i have heard only good things about tybee island weddings. My issue is aving to shorten our guestlist.
  • The Guard House may be of interest to you. Its a small venue but its beautiful and has outdoor space too. That was our choice before we went with Tybee Trees. Haven't run into any problems with the trees yet. Wedding is in 20days so i'll post if any problems arise! tybee island weddings are our planners and they are fantastic. we also rented beach houses for our guests coming from ireland and from north carolina. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards