Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Planet Hollywood - room deposit?

i just saw in someone's bio that they stayed at another hotel and when using a credit/debit card had to pay an extra $200 deposit...just wondering if any of the people who stayed at PH found this to be the case? If so, we need to budget it alsong with the other costs.Thanks.

Re: Planet Hollywood - room deposit?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not an actual charge, just a hold. It's done in case somebody charges things to the room. Most if not all hotels in Vegas do this. I would suggest not using a debit card for this because they put a hold against that amount and it takes several days to be released. I guess it's ok if you have ample $ in your account.I would call the hotel directly and ask them the amount they hold. Some hotels vary and some have a cap on it. Also, some will let you use cash.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the same thing when we checked in at the Wynn, our travel agent had never told us!  Some of our friends had only brought cash to spend on their holidays so my Mum ended up splitting the cost of 3 peoples rooms across two credit cards, my Dad ended up speaking with the top manager in the hotel and he waived all the charges!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we stayed at The Paris last year they did this- I'm just glad I got paid while we were out there otherwise we might have been a bit stuck!I'm glad you brought this up though as I had forgotten about it so will need to let our guests know
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I will call and see if they let you do cash and/or what the hold amout is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards