New Jersey

Pier House / McLoons Long Branch looking for feedback

Hello- We are looking at having our wedding reception at McLoons Pier House in Long Branch, I always dreamed of being at the beach for my wedding and looking at this site it truly captures the beach essence. I am concerened about the service, food and it is very expensive. Has anyone had their wedding there or been to a wedding there? Any feedback you can provide i would appreciate!

Re: Pier House / McLoons Long Branch looking for feedback

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few weeks ago.  The food was fine-- nothing great, nothing bad.  The cocktail hour was in the upstairs room (where the reception is) and they had most of the room blocked off to set up the reception.  We were really, really cramped by the bar and it was hard to get a drink.  There wasn't much cocktail hour food either.  The room itself is kind of a weird layout because it is so long and narrow-- it made us feel very far from the action.
  • edited December 2011
    my in-laws went to a wedding there several years ago.  they said the food was good, but the room is an awkward shape.  try paging hookersbabe on the nest.  she has her reception there and had nothing, but raves.
  • dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp about the room being an awkward shape.  my boss went to a wedding there last summer and said the food was very good, but limited.  she was a bridesmaid for the wedding (which was held on the beach) and said the ceremony was beautiful but because it is a public beach there were a lot of regular beachgoers close to the ceremony area as well as people watching the ceremony from above.  she felt very out on display.  also, the bride did provide valet parking and a lot of guests had problems finding spaces or finding their way to the pier village parking garages.these issues could have been specific to this wedding, i am not sure, but just a few things to think about.  the view is absolutely spectacular though!
  • edited December 2011
    I tend to find McLoones expensive for banquets, although I love the Pier House for regular dinners. You might want to check out Mcloone's supper club though in Asbury Park. I think it's a much more intimate room than Pier House's...which is long and super narrow, If you are looking at other beach locations nearby, check out MerriMaker's Water's Edge in Sea Bright, as well as the Ocean Place Resort next door to Pier Village
  • edited December 2011
    ocean place is just as expensive as mccloones if not more.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for your feedback, i am concerned about the size/shape of the room, i did look at ocean place and they were much more pricey and i wasnt impressed with the manager that saw us there. I looked at the Mcloons in asbury part but i really didnt like the set up of that room or the dark colors. I think i was in awe of the view and the light color scheme with the peir house. Thanks again for your feedback!
  • edited December 2011
    i know you want a beach wedding, but i went to a wedding at the molly pitcher this past sunday and it was great!  food, atmosphere and service was excellent.  you will still have a water view :)  also, check out their sister hotel, oyster point.  i've also heard nice things about the lobster shanty in point pleasant and clarks landing (forget which town).
  • edited December 2011
    also check out Channel Club...which is right on the Navesink River in Monmouth Beach. They are definitely reasonable. And you may want to check out the Breakers in Spring Lake...I would think it would be more expensive in high season, but depends when you want to have the wedding.
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to mcloons just to check it out as a venue and while the view was breathtaking, the room shape was a little weird. i also didnt like how u would have cocktail hour and the reception in the same room. im pretty sure clarks landing is in point pleasant, as is the crystal point  yacht club. i also wanted to do a venue that was near the beach but there werent any that would fit our guest list comfortably. i didnt find out about clarks landing until after we booked our hall. also try the mill in spring lake heights. not a view of the beach but a very nice view of a lake.... food is pretty good  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, my friends got married at the Molly Pitcher a few months ago and it was really nice. what about The WATERVIEW PAVILION in Belmar any one have feedback on that? I was thinking about the Lobster Shanty I might check that out, Clarks Landing is on my list of places to look at this weekend but they are more expensive than Mcloons (not sure if they negotiate) I sent an inquiry to the Chanel club but never heard back guess i could follow up with them again.
  • edited December 2011
    Waterview Pavillion is lovely, too. I forgot about that one! and you get the beautiful view of the river. There's also the River House in Brielle. And in regards to negotiation...EVERYTHING is negotiable.
  • dominoe611dominoe611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding was at the channel club and it was wonderful.  the staff was great to work with and i thought i got a great value for the money. i never dealt with them through email - strictly in person and over the phone so maybe give them a call.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey - we went to visit the Chanel Club we are planning a wedding for 150 people how many people did you have. I'm concerned abotu the space at the place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards