Moms and Maids

Bridal party/title suggestions needed!

2»

Re: Bridal party/title suggestions needed!

• I don't feel it's rude to my friends, or that I was being rude to anybody.  However, there were some very rude responses that were not appreciated. There was one good idea that actually fit my situation, so I'm going with it.  The others were mostly either to bash my decision, my "attendant" label or tell me I was being ridiculous or making something up.  Dismissing my comments that I appreciated having a title, that I know my friends would appreciate a special designation, that it is a real title here, or my comments on our venue's restriction were dismissed as "excuses" or nonsense.  That's in no way helpful to anybody.  My question wasn't WHETHER I should do this, but if anybody knew of other creative titles I could give them. 

Regardless, I've found my solution so we can now move on.  I'm sorry about your being widowed and your friends excluding you.  That's really what I'm trying to prevent, I'm just going about it a different way.   

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-partytitle-suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ea303ab6-9c44-4637-bcd6-bba4f6ff9ad9Post:fb738c16-cb03-478a-acb0-ba652c175cf7">Re:Bridal party/title suggestions needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bridal party/title suggestions needed! : I'm fairly certain I didn't single anybody out or tell anybody off?  But if you feel that I was directing anything towards you, then that's fine. <strong> As far as "wedding etiquette" . . I think it's outdated</strong>, but to each their own.  Enjoy your day.
    Posted by kandacelant[/QUOTE]

Wedding etiquette isn't outdated.  Etiquette (wedding or not) is a way of treating people.  If you think treating people well and with respect is outdated then you have bigger issues on your hands.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-partytitle-suggestions-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ea303ab6-9c44-4637-bcd6-bba4f6ff9ad9Post:331bff0a-76a4-432a-b7f5-0bd8455e5eda">Re:Bridal party/title suggestions needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Bridal party/title suggestions needed!:

Haha you made my day! I was beginning to think you weren't human with your incessant patience!!
    Posted by BartenderBW[/QUOTE]

Haha! It's been a rough week!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards