Wedding Etiquette Forum

Tell me something I would be surprised to know about you

Re: Tell me something I would be surprised to know about you

• [i]Bar fights you say? Do tell more.[/i] I've never fought a girl actually. The most damage I ever did was to this guy that knocked me into the side of the stage at a show while he was moshing around. I was so enraged and I punched him square in the face and his nose exploded. I definitely broke it. Mayhem insued. Somehow he got kicked out of the bar and I did not. I don't drink whiskey anymore.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm a total Civil War nut, and lately it has been extending to Union uniforms and regimental flags. I watch "Gettysburg" over and over again because every time I see it, I notice some new badge or flag that is in precisely the right place that I haven't noticed before, and I get happy all over again. It's gotten so bad that my family got me a big poster of NJ regiment flags for my birthday, and I am really excited about it.But I've probably talked about my Civil War-related dissertation before, so this may not be surprising.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • [i] if it didn't involve a needle I would try it. I was a dumb, dumb girl.[/i] It's ok. Was there once. BTW I was one of those candy raver girls you hated.
  • Oh here's a bad/sad one.When I was in high school I broke one of my dad's ribs. We were training for a karate tournament and he didn't block my kick. He doesn't hold it against me but I still feel horrible.
  • Yeah, from what I've seen therapy can be very successful. I'm not opposed to trying things like the diet. My little brother isn't on the spectrum, but he has a ton of food allergies. He acts possessed when he has anything with dye in it. But I don't really like the idea of "cure." The kids I work with have different difficulties, but also different abilities. Personally, I can't memorize an entire movie, nor can I spend hours on end drawing. Some of their skills are amazing. Today one of my kids was sneaking drinks of soda. His mom said, "What's in your mouth." He said, "Teeth." He was exactly right. :)
  • I was in the Marines for 4 years.  That's really all since no one on here knows me to be shocked by anything. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm not nearly as exciting as most of you. I played several instruments in hs - flute, piccolo, upright bass, bass drum, french horn, pretty much anything the band was missing. I can count my sexual partners on one hand, without using my thumb. I sell lawnmowers and know more about small engines than most of my customers. My mom owns the business and when I was little I loved seeing her win sales awards at conventions in a 'man's' business.I'm not much of a fighter, and am embarrassed that that I slapped a frat guy once in college because he was saying mean things about my friend (she was so drunk we got kicked out... even before I slapped the frat boy).My dad has a Harley and we used to go on road trips when I was younger. I really want to learn how to drive a motorcycle, but FI doesnt trust me on his.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too have had many lesbian encounters as well as whiskey fueled bar fights. But I play rugby, so its expected.
  • jasmineh - I admit I do function better on a GFCF diet. And a TON of kids do as well. Combined with therapy, it can make a huge difference. For me, however, it's expensive, complicated, non-delicious and I'm not really capable of all of the research, planning and prep.And you mentioned about shutting out a kid over 5 - try being 27. Most people would be surprised to know how extremely dependant I am upon Buddy.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Aww salt, I could never hate you. I was friends with two candy ravers, they were cool people. After a while it became hilarious irony that a couple super cutesy candy ravers were hanging out with the mean jaded dnb crowd ;).
  • While I was the good, "innocent" girl I did some not so innocent things over the internet with boys I hardly knew. (I suck at this haha)
  • I was pretty much perpetually drunk for my first two years of college.  I rarely completely sobered back up before I started drinking again.  I also did my fair share of experimenting with substances, and I was a little slutty.  I still got straight As and made the dean's list 6 out of 8 semesters.The funny part is that I was the girl in high school who lectured all her friends for drinking and smoking.
  • Rach, let me put it this way.When I got out of college I went to work on Wall Street.  To become a financial advisor (stockbroker, trader, etc) you must file a form with the New York Stock Exchange and then the NASD."Have you ever been charged with a crime other than minor traffic violations?  If so, list the charges"well, there was no place for eplanations :(Yes, the managing director did want to see me after that.But it all worked out and many laughs even today
  • I lived in my car for 3 years and no one knew.  That was also the time that inspired me to be a chef.  I'd make meals out of restaurant freebies like ketchup packets, cheese packets from pizza places and never turned down a free sample at a grocery store.
  • [i]I was friends with two candy ravers, they were cool people. After a while it became hilarious irony that a couple super cutesy candy ravers were hanging out with the mean jaded dnb crowd ;).[/i] Haha thanks. I remember a long time ago you posted something about being into dnb before and it reminded me of how my friends around here that were and made fun of my sparkle -rainbowness-billionjellybraceletesupmyarms back in the day. Hell you'd think I'd be spouting more rainbow pony bs around here the way I used to act.
  • "Have you ever been charged with a crime other than minor traffic violations? If so, list the charges"well, there was no place for eplanations :(  What are you talking about?  You have to explain it on your U-5, there is a section below answering yes.  It has been like that since I've been licensed in 1998 and was told that you always have to provide a reason. 
  • I used to be a Groover which was pretty much a raver but before the rave seen hit big out here in the 90s. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That's awesome, E!!! God I'd still be recovering from that for the next week. I can't party like I used to.
  • Oh and I'm a certified veterinary assistant. I was bored one summer and did an online (and expensive) class, knowing I would probably never use the training.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was a great weekend.  It was a music festival and not a rave.  I wouldn't go to a rave at this point unless it was some crazy DJ.  It is business now so they always do paid things. 
  • Heh, salt, most of the candy ravers I knew turned out a hell of a lot more normal and functional than the dnb crowd. Oh, and one time I dressed up as a candy raver for a halloween party. It was awesome.
  • I feel like I can't even handle concerts anymore! It makes me feel old...like I spent all my fun young person points in my early 20's.
  • I competed in the World Field Archery Champs and came 3rd in my division.  It's been years since I shot, though.  I think my bow is in mum & dad's garage now.
  • that makes the story a bit more interesting, OOT. the thought never crossed my mind about having to put that info down on an application of some sort.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "What are you talking about? You have to explain it on your U-5, there is a section below answering yes. It has been like that since I've been licensed in 1998 and was told that you always have to provide a reason." E, let me put it this way.  My license & exams were just a bit before 1998.  Just a tad ;)The exams have changed and most likely the appications in the VERY few years in between :P
  • Not according to management that told me about his pot smoking in the 60's and got arrested.  He is older than you and said he had to explain it on his U-5.  He had to go before a board and they decided if it was being young or if he lacked ethics. 
  • Salt, I'm right there with you. If you ever want to form a bridge & tea club let me know.
  • Considering it is taking me this long to recover, add me to the club. 
  • Salt, I wanted to ask.  Have you been to Glow in DC before because they keep getting the biggest DJs now.  It is crazy that they get more than here. 
  • I hate shoes. I used to wear one pair of shoes for every occasion...I bought them in 10th grade and just got rid of them this past winter. I love being naked. FI doesn't appreciate it when I forget to close the blinds...I didn't go to a single party in college because I was too afraid of getting drunk and ending up in jail (sometimes I have quite the temper). I thought if I had any type of record I wouldn't be able to get a job. Well a lot of good that did me, I still can't get a job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards