Vermont

Transportation for wedding guests

I want to hire a bus (either a coach or a school bus) to take guests to/from the reception and their hotels. The reception is in Lyndonville and many guests will be staying at the Comfort Inn in Saint Johnsbury. Do you have any companies to recommend? Not looking for frills, just basic transportation.Thanks!

Re: Transportation for wedding guests

• subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a school bus, try First Student, (google the website, they'll be able to tell you if they service that area by checking the zip code).  They are priced tolerably for shorter services but really compare them with a coach first because we didn't realize they charged from the time the bus left the bus bank until it returned to the bank, and that added nearly 2 hours of time to our bill....
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding for next summer in St. Johnsbury and my reception site uses Butler Bus company: 802-748-4655. It's approximately $200 from both the Comfort Inn and the Fairbank Inn.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, thanks for that info! I will look into it. Does that include picking people up before the wedding and driving them home after? I just noticed on your profile that your wedding is the same day as mine. Where is yours? That's funny!Did the Comfort Inn tell you that they can't give you the group rate code til January? That's what they told me.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi-  The $200 does cover bringing people to the reception site and back to hotels afterwards. In fact the Alerin Barn (my reception site) said that the bus company often does two runs at night: an early one for people that want to get back early in the evening and then one for the "leftover" guests when the reception is officially over.  I actually just booked last weekend (being from CT it's a little harder for me to get to VT frequently) so I actually haven't talked to the Comfort Inn yet, but thanks for the heads up! Where are you having your reception? Good luck with the planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually planning from Boston so I totally understand how tough it is to get things done from afar. Wow, $200 for transportation sounds like a great deal! I am going to call them, not sure how big the company is but maybe they could do 2 weddings in one day. I love the Alerin Barn. We almost picked that location, but my parents really wanted the Wildflower Inn (and they are paying for most of it). The people who own the Alerin Barn seem really great.I wouldn't worry too much about getting to the Comfort Inn until the winter. The manager (Dave maybe?) was really nice and said that rooms don't book up until a couple of months before the date and that he would give us a discount code sometime in January. If you're looking for a florist, my mom just visited All About Flowers in Saint Johnsbury and loved the people. Good luck - I'm sure I'll be in touch with more questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I visited the Wildflower Inn and absolutely loved the view and the grounds but it was a little above our budget (which I'm trying very hard to stick to!)If you don't mind me asking: is there a particular reason you chose VT for your wedding? Especially the St. Johnsbury area? I know for me my parents live there so it was convenient. Thanks for the flower suggestion-the Alerin Barn did recommend All About Flowers. My next goal is to find a caterer. Again good luck withthe planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards