Wedding Etiquette Forum

everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?

I"m reaching mine on all fronts, and just wanting to know I'm not alone.

Re: everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-breaking-point-whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cd5a135f-ebd0-448f-b8c2-946aacb0a83ePost:df490b77-4c50-41d2-8260-94c319a5c67d">everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I"m reaching mine on all fronts, and just wanting to know I'm not alone.
    Posted by raistlin1331[/QUOTE]

about....?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I need some context...
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I need an adult!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lapcanlapcan member
    First Comment
    I need a glass of wine.
  • Acually about work, and wedding things.  My mother is driving me crazy with her demands and claims that I should only care about guests that will bring gifts. 

Also, at work I keep getting told incorrect rules by people I cannot chalange (namely judges).
  • Raistlin? Raistlin Majere?? Is that really you???
  • Not really, just a fan

• Well, keep your mom out of the loop as much as possible.  Pay for your own wedding and you control it.  As far as work, what do you mean you keep getting told wrong rules? 
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Xanax?

It helps me. *shrug*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-breaking-point-whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cd5a135f-ebd0-448f-b8c2-946aacb0a83ePost:24e7f6c2-c8d2-44a1-8aaa-12a16d25cb15">Re: everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not really, just a fan

Well regardless, hello! I know I haven't seen you around here before. I definitely would have noticed that SN.
  • My breaking point with work was when I put in 18 months on a project, did a kick-ass job, and my boss never said a single nice thing to me about it.  5 months later, he's finally going to do the awards I requested for my team, but nothing for me.  Which is why I kinda did nothing in that role before I transferred to my new job.  (Same company.) 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • [QUOTE]Acually about work, and wedding things.  My mother is driving me crazy with her demands and claims that I should only care about guests that will bring gifts.  Also, at work I keep getting told incorrect rules by people I cannot chalange (namely judges).

Tell your mom to pipe down and maybe don't talk to her as often. If you're paying for your own wedding, don't share details with her, and if she's paying, then just try compromising.

As for your second "sentence", I have no idea what that even means. You can't challenge judges' legal rulings? Color me confused.
  • I'm reaching mine at work.

And xanax and wine work well for me too. Not necessarily together though.  I did that once and was watching tv and then woke up 4 hours later not remembering even feeling sleepy.

Anyhoo...
    Crosswalk
  • I need a beat.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• I broke down the day before the wedding.  I didn't want to delegate.  I wanted to do everything myself for a few reasons.  I am a control freak.  And I didn't feel like it was fair for friends and family to be helping me.  It was my wedding.  My party.  So, yeah I broke down the day before.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • My breaking point is right before I have a panic attack that sends me to the ER.  I find that Ativan helps me avoid that breaking point.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-breaking-point-whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cd5a135f-ebd0-448f-b8c2-946aacb0a83ePost:a58399cc-748b-4cff-890f-d24e41b8a15f">Re: everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I broke down the day before the wedding.  I didn't want to delegate.  I wanted to do everything myself for a few reasons.  I am a control freak.  And I didn't feel like it was fair for friends and family to be helping me.  It was my wedding.  My party.  So, yeah I broke down the day before.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

I'm so afraid that's exactly what I will do. I've been mostly calm throughout this whole planning process.... sans the makeup incident I'm talking about in my thread below. I've been handling almost everything on my own for the same reasons.

I just have this sinking feeling that I'm going to FREAK OUT just before the wedding. I'm hoping to plan my way through that, too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-breaking-point-whats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cd5a135f-ebd0-448f-b8c2-946aacb0a83ePost:ed3e4a1a-7c93-4917-bc15-7b9e9ed6c237">Re: everyone has a breaking point, whats yours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My breaking point with work was when I put in 18 months on a project, did a kick-ass job, and my boss never said a single nice thing to me about it.  5 months later, he's finally going to do the awards I requested for my team, but nothing for me.  Which is why I kinda did nothing in that role before I transferred to my new job.  (Same company.) 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you.  Two years ago I started doing training for my department.  I trained new employees in 5 different classes for 10 straight weeks, developed various training curricula for several different skill sets, and generally busted my ass since then.  A couple of months ago, they needed a new training supervisor and my co-workers had no doubt that I'd get the job.  Did I?  No.  Instead they hired someone who has never worked in our department before and knows virtually nothing about what we do.  Then I had to help train her, and watch while they have her re-vamp all the programs I created (while giving all the credit to other people and none to me).  Ordinarily I'd assume I did a crappy job, but the people in charge were always raving about what a great job I did and how "valuable" I am to the team...and my semi-annual reviews reflected this praise as well.

If I wasn't so happy with the other aspects of my job (and didn't need the money), I'd have quit after that.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • I'm having struggles with pleasing everyone.  I want to please everyone and I'm afraid at some point I am going to break and pull a bridezilla "it's my wedding and it's my way" I hope that doesn't happen; but I know I will break eventually.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards