Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Lower Eastern Shore Wedding?

Hello! I am recently engaged and I am planning a Fall 2010 wedding on the Eastern Shore (where I grew up). My fiance and I currently live in the Baltimore-area, but he's from NY and most of my family resides in MD, so we figured Maryland would be the best (and cheapest) alternative. We are expecting about 150 guest if out-of-town family members chose to make the trip. I was wondering if anyone is considering/has attended/is planning a wedding on the lower shore, as I am finding it difficult to locate venues that aren't ridiculously priced. I am also sending my guests brochures about Ocean City and Crisfield, MD so that they can make a weekend out of it instead of traveling several hours for a 4-hr event.

Re: Lower Eastern Shore Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live near Salisbury but got married in Baltimore.  To be honest, I found venues around here very expensive (Esp if you are thinking OC) but in OC you can check the Golden Sands (knottie actull got married there, not sure if she is still around), the OC convention center, Fagers, the Carousel, Princess Royale or Bayside (Bayside would probably have gorgeous sunsets!) Ocean Pines beach club or yacht club, Lighthouse Sound ($$$$ though)...In Salisbury you can look at the Fountains, its very pretty inside and I've been to some functions there and the food was good... Dove Pointe does weddings, Chesapeake Steakhouse has ballrooms too. I don't have a ton of detail about these but these are venues that I know do weddings around here.  Hopefully it will give you a new name or two to check out! GL and congrats :)
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• Options
    MrsRegis2BMrsRegis2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is very helpful! Growing up there, I only went to events/weddings @ UMES' Richard Henson Center. Although they always do a great job, I want something different than the norm for my big day! Thanks So Much!!!
  • Options
    rechancerechance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered two places right across the bridge - Kent Manor and the Marriot Aspen Wye River facility. Both were too expensive, especially the Marriott.  We decided to have our wedding in Annapolis instead. There were more hotels and Inns to choose from, they were more flexible with their pricing, good area for tourists, and much closer to the airport.
  • Options
    KCnBTKCnBT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Unionbay covered alot of the suggestions. There is also Green Hill Yacht and Country Club and River House Inn. Not sure of the pricing for either but both have alot of potential! GL with your search. If you need any eastern shore vendors my cake lady is amazing and she is in Easton, I am also working with a DJ out of Salisbury. I had a not so great experience with a florist from the eastern shore as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married at the Historical Society in Easton and it was really nice and I think it was inexpensive.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards