Florida-West Coast
Options

destin area wedding

We are trying to plan a wedding on the beach in destin. We have looked at pretty much everything out there. has anyone had any experience in this area? we loved this are for vacation and would like to wed here. We are open to other places also. please let us know. Help!!!!!!!
Anniversary

Re: destin area wedding

• Options
    KBS2010KBS2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Elissa!  My daughter is getting married in April of 2010 in Destin!  It's a fabulous place and we've vacationed there several times.  However, we have no idea who to use for the cake or who would rent us an archway - bamboo preferably.  Have you found any vendors for this type of thing?We've rented a beach house and are doing everything ourselves - yes, budget minded.  Please keep in touch and we could probably help each other.Paula  
  • Options
    elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Paula Congrats to your daughter. We rented a private vacation home located on the beach to get married also. As far as the archway I think we have decided to make it ourselves because I haven't found anywhere close that would rent us a bamboo arch- there are several packages online where they will marry you and decorate all together for a fee but after figuring out prices we thought they were a little high for our tight budget. You can google destin fl weddings and there are probably 15 sites that are all about the same price if you have someone to marry you maybe you could just ask them how much it would be to use there decor. I have kept this in mind if we can't make one that we can travel with. As far as the cake we are very lucky that my FI cousin does this on the side and has offered to make a small one for the wedding for us which works out since most of our family is staying the week in Destin with us. I have only booked a photographer at this point from down there and our vacation home. Currently trying to find an officiant that we like down there and trying to plan our wedding reception in our home town when we come back from our wedding. Good luck and let me know if you find anything good and I will do the same. My email address is xraytec04@yahoo.com - feel free to email me anytime Elissa
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Elissa,We are in the midst of trying to find a good location on the beach front just like you. We are only having our immediate family attend and want a large house. Can you share which property you rented or your top suggestions? I have spent hours on those websites looking at property and would love to save some time if you have a recommendation.Thanks!
  • Options
    elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked the house on VRBO #249879. Beachfront for a wedding but if it rains then there is a deck on the back or could arrange the furniture on the inside to be by the windows. Everyone could have there own room and bathroom also has 2 kitchens. Andre is who handles the rental for Lee - your better off to call the number because they don't respond very fast to the VRBO emails but answers almost all phone calls immediately. I just deleted the runner up houses last week - There are so many houses I looked for a few weeks every night after work and they all seemed to run together after a while. I seen some dream houses to rent but had a tight budget to work with as our close family is taking vacation with us for the week when we get married making the house we picked affordable for everyone. I have heard good things about the Sandestin Resort , they are all condos that allow weddings but you have to hire someone to do it where the private house we can save money and decorate ourselves we only had to hire an officiant and a photographer. Also this house we picked sets next to an empty lot so at least there will be a little privacy. Since many of the houses sit on top of each other. Good luck and keep in touch as there aren't many Destin FL brides!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I hear you...I have now been looking for three days and all of them are running together. It sounds like we have similar situations. I am only having my close family members, and the only person we are hiring is a photographer. I want a simple beach front wedding, but it if rains want t deck or inside back up plan. There are only going to be 15-20 people there. We are thinking about hiring a person to bring in the food for the evening of the wedding or considering going to Bud & Alleys in Seaside. Please stay in touch and share anything you find out!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards