Pre-wedding Parties

throw a recipe shower

I recently hosted a bridal shower where guests each brought the completed recipe card along with the actual dish. The completed cards along with photos form the shower were put into an album for the bride to create a cookbook especially for the new couple.Perfect for a second time bride, the couple that has everything, or just to add a little fun to any shower theme. Make it a pot lluck by having guests bring their dish to accompany their favorite recipe. These recipe cards can be personlized with the name of your bride (or new mom or the birthday girl). And artwork selected for the occasion. Visit www.thatsaplanonline.etsy.com for more information.

Re: throw a recipe shower

• karent94karent94 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well it was not remotely tacky with gorgeous freash flowers and awesome shower gifts to our guests. the bride didnt want any gifts but did want to celerbate with her loved ones. she likes to cook so it was the perfect event for my lovely second time bride! i would absolutely throw this shower again.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ditto retread on all counts.  I would NEVER ever host a shower and ask the guests to bring food.  That is completely the hosts responsibility.  If the bride didn't want any gifts there should have been no shower. ALSO.......advertising your etsy site makes you a vendor which is against the rules here.  Reported.
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why hasn't anyone flagged her as a vendor? I though ads for etsy were a big no-no on these boards. And I'll bet dollars to donuts it's her etsy site.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    babling - I reported her yesterday.
    edited December 2011
    Retread--what's the time commitment?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    I'll ditto babbling - what kind of time committment are we talking as far as being a mod, Retread?
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Babling - wanna be co-mods?
    edited December 2011
    Sure :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Ok Retread, sent my email to knot annie this morning.  We'll see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards