Georgia-Savannah

Downtown Hotels for Guests

Hey Savannah Brides! Does anyone have any recommendations on the hotels downtown for out of town guests? My wedding recpetion is at Vics in sept 2013 (ceremony at Bethesda) and i'm just trying to get ahead of planning. I want to take into consideration that the majority of my guests are traveling so rooms 200+ are just not going to work. I was thinking the holiday inn or hampton inn? Does anyone have experience with these hotels? or know any cheaper/decent hotels? I would greatly appreciate any advice- Thanks ladies!

Re: Downtown Hotels for Guests

• Both of those hotels are great hotels and they are with in walking distance from Vic's.  Also look into The Mulberry, The Holiday Inn Express and The Courtyard by Marriott.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you so much- I'll look into those as well. Appreciated!
  • My fiance and me are having our wedding at the same locations in June 2013! :)
    I have a similar situation that most of my guests will be out-of-towners too. Be sure to call the hotels your thinking about and see about reserving blocks of rooms. If you have a reserved block of rooms, your guests can call the hotel and tell them the event they are with and they will have a slightly discounted rate. 

My fiance tried to do this earlier in the year, but for several of the hotels, you can only reserve blocks within 6 months before the wedding. I want to say for most of the hotels we looked at, you could reserve blocks of 10 rooms and it's ok if they don't all fill up. If you reserve 20, atleast 80% must be filled or there is a charge.

Have you thought about transporation yet? I've just started looking in to using one of the trolly companies but haven't completly figured out the legistics of everything. I'd love to hear what you've come up with!

Hope that info helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards