Flowers
Options

Black and White and Now what???

We've chosen black and white as our "colors" for the wedding and now we don't know what to use as our accent color(s) for flowers. Pink is out because I promised him no pink flowers. We were kind of thinking a "tiffany's" blue but we just are stumped. And being a graphic designer and good with color I am so annoyed that I cant think of anything! Any ideas???

Re: Black and White and Now what???

• Options
    m_elwellm_elwell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is the wedding? Not a Tiffany Blue, but Blue Hydrangeas come in a pale ice blue color that would be pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not trying to advertise or recommend this site, but these flowers would be very pretty against your black and white theme. (I'm very likely getting my flowers from here)http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com/BlueWhiteSilverCallaLilyLupineCollection.htmlI am also doing black and white but with red as the accent. I'm likely going to do orchids (if I can).Really any color would work with black and white, you can easily stay away from pink if need be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing black and white and will be using green as our accent color.  I love green hydrangeas and we'll probably use some mums as well.
  • Options
    alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    black and white can go with almost any accent color. you can even go multicolor! or just choose one color and have flowers in its different shades. that looks really good and original.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? I am also using black and white. I am planing to stay strictly with those two colors, my accent color which is being used minimally is gold. I am planning to meet with the florist later this month to discuss options. My idea is to use majority white flowers but maybe pop in a few "black" flowers, for some contrast. I am in love with the white anemone with black centers as well as the black calla lily. For me a lot will depend on what is in season. Talk to your florist. Or look to your venue for color inspiration, that is how I ended up with the gold. The church turns this amazing shade of amber as the sun goes down, and the chandeliers in the room and wall sconces are gold, so it seemed like a natural way to incorporate the color. Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did black and white with red roses. It looked beautiful (IMO).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ChristiejoyChristiejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also doing black & white and stressed about flowers forever (It's luckily the only thing I've stressed about). Finally decided when I met with florist to do Leonida roses (peachy burnt orangey color) for my bouquet and then my bridesmaids will be carrying the same roses along with black magic roses. My wedding is in October and while I didn't really want any sort of fall theme I decided the flowers would bring a little fall into the day and really POP against all the black and white.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    silver would also be a great accent color
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards