Not Engaged Yet

Wedding Recap and LIP

Well, the wedding is over!

The rehearsal dinner was a disaster!! One of our Flower Girls had a temperature of 101 and threw up all the way from California to Ohio. She ended up being okay for the wedding day, after lots of Motrin and antibiotics, but I felt to bad for the poor little girl!

The rehearsal went very well. My husband (EEEK! I can't believe he's my husband) was sweating bullets during the rehearsal. He was so nervous he'd screw something up! DH proposed to be again at the church, just to make sure I still wanted to marry him. He's so sweet! So, we ran over a few minutes, and we got to the club where the dinner was, and they only setup seating for 35. We had 40 people, and the place insisted we only RSVP'd for 30 (It was 40, we still had the paperwork)... So, they finally put out for chairs for us. Then dinner was an hour late! The poor kids were tired and starving and cranky. They finally brought them out chicken fingers.

For the adults, it was a pasta bar. I assumed that meant a pasta buffet. Instead, it was a pasta station where they cooked the meal for you. It took forever to cook 40 pasta meals! Then the room filled with smoke from all the cooking, and they had to open the doors, so we were freezing. Oh well! The meal was amazing, and the servings were huge!

The wedding day went perfect! I spent the night with my maid of honor in a hotel, and we got up early and had breakfast. My husband had the groomsmen catering to us all day, so they picked us up and took us to our hair and makeup appointments. All the bridesmaids, my mom, aunt, and grandma got our hair and makeup done. It was super fun. The photographer met us there and took lots of pictures.

After that we bought lunch for the groomsmen (for having to drive us around all day). We sat around and had a nice relaxing lunch (I ate all day... I was so worried I'd pass out if I didn't). Then we started getting dressed. My bridesmaids looked gorgeous in their dresses! And my mom was stunning in hers!

After we got done with pictures, the groomsmen took us to the church. On the ride over, the best man gave me my gift. I got a gorgeous watch. I sent DH's to him via the best man (a personalized Louisville slugger bat).

The ceremony started and DH left his back to me until I got up to him, because I wanted to see his expression. I was shocked that neither of us cried. I think we were both too excited. The ceremony was very nice. The wedding coordinator accidently started send the grandma's before the harpist started playing the right song, so it was funny because the harpist stopped mid song and switched to the right song. Then the pastor nearly caught his sleeve on fire with the unity candle. We did oil candles, and the flames were HUGE! We had even practiced the night before and the flame was fine. Lol.. Oh well. The flower girls had white fur capes and they refused to take them off for the ceremony, so they were super cute in their capes walking down the aisle.

The reception was gorgeous. We had so much fun! Everyone said we wouldn't get to eat or dance at the reception, but we did both. We were both so full at the end of the night. The dance floor was packed the entire night. The food was amazing and everyone loved the pizza and milkshakes at the end of the night. Everyone was telling us they never ate so much at a wedding!

We had a photobooth, and it broke right after dinner. Come to find out they ran out of film. They had never had the photobooth used so much during a wedding. There was constantly a line for it. They said they took probably 3-4 times more pictures at our wedding then ever before. The owner brought out more film so it would stay open and working. Everyone loved it! We got a USB with all the pictures and we can't wait to check them out! And we had all the guests put a copy of their picture in a guest book for us.

We also did anniversary notes, so all our guests wrote us a note and put in a numbered envelope. Then on every anniversary we'll get notes from all our wedding guests. We can't wait for our first anniversary. People told us they put money in them and pictures from the photobooth. It'll be a fun thing as we get older .

Okay... I've written enough, I could write for hours all about the wedding :) So... here is the link to our photographer. I LOVED our preview photos! They are gorgeous (Okay, maybe I'm biased) :)

http://spencerphotography.net/blog/

Our wedding photos are first, followed by my bridal portraits.

We had so much fun, we couldn't have asked for a better day!!

~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: Wedding Recap and LIP

• edited December 2011
    so glad you're back!  congrats!!  :)  your pictures and stories are beautiful!
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  It looks like it was a beautiful day!!  You looked amazing!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had an amazing time, full of wonderful stories! :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Ember!!  Glad your wedding was awesome and that your flower girls recovered!  You looked absolutely gorgeous!
    Anniversary
  • kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy the wedding went so well and you and your H had such a great time! Doing a photobooth seems like such a fun idea, it's great that everyone enjoyed it so much.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had such a good time!  You look beautiful and I love your brooch bouquet!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ember, those pics are fanfreakingtastic!!! Sounds like you had an amazing time! Sooo happy for you! :)
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! You were stunning and you look so incredibly happy! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! what a great day.  You look amazing!

Anniversary

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

As I told you on FB you look amazing!  I am so glad it was a great day!!  I love that anniversary card idea!  Can you tell me where you found it or how you did it 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Ember!! You look absolutely beautiful!!!!

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! They say bad rehearsal = great performance...so glad that was true for you!

I love your veil! Everything looked (and sounds) great!

Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards