Florida-North Florida

some checks and another Gainesville question

We chose our caterer and DJ, received our Save the Dates to send out, and I think we found some affordable musicians for the ceremony! I went to the Solutions bridal expo on Sunday and was reminded of how much stuff I still have left to do. So one of the things on my current to do list is blocking off hotel rooms. Any local recommendations of hotels that have been good to work with? I'm thinking of the new Hampton Inn downtown since our reception is at the Thomas Center, but I'd like to find one with a cheaper price point so our guests have some options. How much of a discount have you all been getting?

Re: some checks and another Gainesville question

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great checks!Where did you come up with your username?  When I read it, I automatically think of A Perfect Day for Bananafish by J.D. Salinger.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's where I got it from :) Seems kind of silly now, but I've been using it for a long time and it's a username that's always available.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with the new Hampton Inn downtown.  We got a rate of $114 a night with a complimentary suite for 10 booked rooms.  They have been great to work with so far.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with the Hilton and got rooms for $99 a night. Also they have a dog floor so if you have family that can't be without their dog (two of my Aunts and Uncles [i]had[/i] to bring their dogs) they an bring them and still stay in a nice hotel.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not silly.  It's a very good short story.  A little creepy in my mind, but good non-the-less.
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Holiday Inn Express on Archer for $95/99 a nite and comp room with 10 booked rooms. They gave me keys and let me go check out the rooms before I picked them, and the free breakfast and other amenities were pluses.
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Archer right off of I-75 when we redid our floors a few summers ago.  It was a nice place.  I think they do a continental breakfast.  You might want to check their rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards