Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Upbeat Last Dance Song

Hey Knotties!

I'm looking for something upbeat and fun for our last dance. We don't usually listen to much of what is on current pop stations (although we've included a bit of tolerable songs so we can have something for everyone). Except no country, no offense country fans!

Here's a sample of our play list:
Journey, The Beatles, Queen, Sondre Lerche, Regina Spektor, Ben Harper, The Jackson 5, The Blues Brothers, Chris Brown

What is everyone doing for their last song? Any suggestions for us?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Upbeat Last Dance Song

• edited December 2011
    Our last song is You and Me by Dave Matthews
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's mine too! (You and Me by DMB) It fits because it is makes you think of going away together and growing together too. It doesn't hurt that this is the song that was playing when my fiance proposed at a DMB concert. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't plan a last dance, but when I DJ'd weddings, I'd often use Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" if the couple didn't pick something specific; people usually loved it. Or Billy Joel's "Piano Man" depending on their tastes...
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went retro and picked  "Oh What a Night" also known as December 1963

• edited December 2011
    we are ending the night with love shack....
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're ending the night with "New York, New York" by the Reel Big Fish. It's a more upbeat rendition, and we got engaged in NYC, so it works well for us.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I never knew people picked last songs! I guess whatever the DJ plays. Or American Pie is always a good one now that I think of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "TIme of my Life" sung by the cast of Glee :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_upbeat-last-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:84a29ce2-273e-4170-ae7e-5219c9bbb1e1Post:8450d1ae-99da-4d56-99a2-dbf17fb7ad33">Re: Upbeat Last Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using "TIme of my Life" sung by the cast of Glee :)
    Posted by myfeverplays[/QUOTE]

<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">This is awesome! I <3 Glee!</font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">I wanted to use the Glee version of 'Don't Stop Believing'.... but DH had his heart set on 'New York, NY'!</font></div>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011

We're using "The Time (Dirty Bit)" by Black Eyed Peas

• edited December 2011
    This is an old thread, but maybe you'll still read this...
    We are not using this for our last dance (our's will be slow), but I want to use it during the reception.  Note-I am a Twi-hard and this is from a twilight movie, but it's still a fun and appropriate song.
     Eclipse (All Yours) by Metric
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orjOT1LWKnY

Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    glory days - bruce springsteen!
  • BBear13BBear13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Don't Stop my Now" by Queen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards