Illinois

Vendor Reviews

Photographer: Mark Romine, Normal, IL: A+Mark was beyond amazing. His pictures are truly breathtaking. He is very personable and easy to work with. He is a little expensive, but was definitely worth every penny in the end. I would definitely recommend Mark to anyone who asks. DJ/Lighting/Linens: Elite Entertainment, Rantoul, IL: A+Ryan was amazing. I was told by a friend that he was the best wedding DJ that he had ever heard. He was great at keeping the dance floor packed all night. He also did the lighting which really transformed the ballroom and his wife did the linens and they looked great. Ryan was very professional and a pleasure to work with. His linen prices were also the best that we could find in the area.Florist: English Hedgerow, Urbana, IL: A+Helen was wonderful to work with and she did an amazing job on the flowers. Everything looked perfect.Cake: Sweet Designs, Mahomet, IL: AOur cake looked great and tasted great. The prices at Sweet Designs were also much lower (like half the price) than anything else that we looked at in the area. Their icing is to die for. Limo: Z Entertainment, Champaign, IL: BThe limo was great. A few of the buttons stopped working on our trip back in to town. Our driver also got lost taking us to the wedding venue for pictures which made the girls a little late. I eventually just gave him directions and we got there. I would have rather just been relaxing in the back instead of poking my head into the front telling the driver, "make a left here," but it wasn't a huge deal. Attire: Michelle's Bridal, Urbana, IL: A+The girls at Michelle's were great to work with. We got my dress, the bridesmaid dresses and the tuxes there. Everyone looked amazing.Wedding Venue: Lake of the Woods, Mahomet, IL: AThe location was beautiful. The staff seemed somewhat unorganized, but everything turned out great. Reception Venue: Hilton Garden Inn, Champaign, IL: AEveryone at the Hilton was great. The venue was beautiful. My only complaint is that they did not tell us where they had stored the boxes for the vases (they were not in the location that we were told they would be in). This resulted in one vase breaking while trying to return them to the florist and we were charged for it. I am contacting HGI to see if they will reimburse for that. If so that would bring them back to an A+.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edsbedsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the information- it is very helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope it wasn't the hummer limo that the buttons stopped working in. we're using that bad boy in a few weeks!
  • edited December 2011
    Mark is my photographer! I'm super excited to work with him, but I wanted to reply to tell you your wedding photos are gorgeous (I saw the post with the free 16x20 deal). Thanks for all your info/advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Meg - Mark is wonderful! Enjoy working with him.Update to my Hilton Garden Inn review: the issue with the vase is being resolved. HGI is going to reimburse us for it. So, they are now an A+ as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that everything turned out so great!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards