North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Budget Venue ideas around RDU

Hi All,I just got engaged, my finace and I live in Lexington, Kentucky, but we are trying to get married this December in Raleigh.  His family is from there, mine is from Oregon so we're trying to keep things close to the airport.  Any suggestions for a venue (pref. Ceremony and Reception) and food that won't run over 5k?

Re: Budget Venue ideas around RDU

• Options
    bambijamesonbambijameson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Capital City Club as well.  Had a co worker that got a really good deal.  Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    clzapataclzapata member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    North Hills Club. - Very reasonable and great to work with. Its right off the belt line, so it is probably like 10 minutes away from the airport maybe 15.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you would be willing to leave Raleigh and travel to Fuquay-Varina, NC (I live inbetween both and from the airport to Fuquay it's only about 40 minutes) I found an amazing place to get married at as long as your having a small wedding. The venue is the Chateau Bellevie which operates as a B & B (there website is http://www.chateaubellevie.com/) it is beautiful but can't hold a lot of people. I'm getting married there is Sept 2010 but we are only having 30 guests-I think they can accommodated up to 50, but i'm not sure. For a Saturday wedding the location is 2,500 which includes the reception and ceremony, plus a nights stay in the honeymoon suite. The food is about 36-45 a person depending on what you want. Alcohol is 18 a person for beer and wine and an additional fee for a cash bar or the option to by a select amount of liqour to use during your event. I found a website where a former bride talked about getting married there and some pictures at http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/real-weddings-carrie-matthews-elegant-bb-wedding-in-north-carolina/ I hope this helps some! I have had a very hard time trying to plan a wedding in the raleigh area while working on a budget. Most venues I have found want 5,000-15.000 just on the venue not including food or drinks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The hotels in Brier Creek are all running specials recently on their wedding packages I've noticed.  And they do shuttles to the airport and the shopping areas around there.
  • Options
    dmjvonn1dmjvonn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my July 2010 wedding ceremony and reception at the Wake County Shrine Club in Raleigh. The driving distance is probably 15-20 minutes away coming from RDU via Hwy 70. The venue is 1 mile from Crabtree Valley Mall. The have a in-house catering service and an event coordinator.  There prices are pretty good.www.wakecountyshrineclub.org
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the Radisson Hotel in RTP.  They have a gorgeous ballroom that seats up to 150.  They don't charge to rent out the space, they only charge you for the food. It's a great deal and very pretty, plus they throw in lots of nice extras. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards