Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Not inviting a friend to Bachlorette party

I have one friend that I'm not sure that I want to invite to my Bachlorette party. I am inviting people that know her and that may tell her about it. We have had some issues in the last 3 years with her. I was in her Wedding in 2008 and she is now divorced. I'm afraid that if I don't invite her she's going to be mad. But if I do invite her some of the other people that I want to come won't show up. She has alienated a lot of the people that we grew up with. Plus, she has recently moved out of state and at this point I don't even know if she has a job there yet.And my MOH doesn't get along with her.  And if it's in a bar area and people are drinking alcohol she always gets drunk and I somehow end up taking care of her. I don't want to have to deal with that.What should I do?

Re: Not inviting a friend to Bachlorette party

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typically in my circle, the bride advises the people throwing the party of the guests she'd like invited.So don't include her name on the invitation list. It doesn't sound like you're really friends with her, or interested in pursuing a friendship.Is the only reason you're inviting her is because you were in her wedding last year?  Because weddings and their related parties are not obligations.Her wedding was hers and she included people she wanted included.  Your wedding is yours and you include people you want included.If she's bold enough (translate:  rude enough) to ask, you can just tell her that the guest list for the party is set.  That's all.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At 8 months to go, I would wait and see. Your b-party shouldn't be for another 6 months or so. She may move away and drift away from everyone you know. She may move back to where you live now and clean up her act. Don't make the call yet. Wait until it's time to actually plan the b-party and see how your relationship is.
  • Options
    virgo6256virgo6256 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Leah. That makes it a bit easier for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards