Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Rehersal Dinner

Any suggestions for a rehersal dinner?  I have only been to one in Hammond so I have nothing to go on here... I know the usuals - Jubans, Monsurs on the Boulevard... but I need some suggestions!  And some previous experiences to help me decide!!!   HELP!!!

Re: Rehersal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    Are you going for uber formal or more casual? How much are you looking to spend? Do you want a restaurant or a venue reserved just for your guests?
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also do you want somewhere near your rehersal location- what part of town?
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Lake House and out of town guests are staying on Corporate. I can't decide between formal or casual... I was thinking about Ruffino's, Mansur's or even something as simple as Koto's. I want a private room. There will probably be 16 - 20 people there. I have a $2,000 budget but I would like to spend less... Thanks for the help!
  • dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DeAngelo's is another option that is not at fancy but has quality food and good service and I think a good atmosphere. I attended a rehearsal dinner in one of their big private rooms and it was nice. There are several that aren't too far from where your guests are staying (jefferson hwy is probably closest).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents gave the rehersal dinner for my brother about 2 years ago at Cafe Americain (corner of jones creek and george oneal)- they have a private room it was nice. http://www.cafeamericainrest.com/catering.html
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let everyone know I decided to go with Monsur's on the Blvd... it's literally next door to the hotel I reserved for the out of town guests. I'm getting a private room and the manager is going to meet with me before hand to discuss wine options for the table to cut down on the alcohol price tag. It was priced the same as Ruffino's and Juban's...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards