North Carolina

Venue help again :)

Hello everyone! So, I've posted this question before ( a good while ago ) about looking for a venue.While, I'm back due to the fact that I've gone from having a Raleigh wedding, to a Conn. wedding, back to a Raleigh wedding (We're sticking with this, Im ready to start booking things as we're either going for Feb. or June)So here is my question. . Im a VERY tight budget since my job situation has changed (for the better, but I'd rather be spending less on the wedding and more on my marriage if you get what I mean) But I was curious to see if anyone had any venue suggestions that are under $1000 for a saturday wedding (evening) that is in the surrounding area of raleigh or at most 2 hours away.Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope this makes since and if it doesnt, I do appologize. thanks again! oh. . we like the natural outdoor look, but with an indoor option. . however we're open to suggestions (obviously :) )
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Venue help again :)

• edited December 2011
    Try some of the facilities through Raleigh Parks & Rec, such as the Durant Lodge and Bass Lake. I've been to a wedding/reception at Durant and it's a great space with a lot of possibility.
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a formal at Campbell lodge and it was definitely below $1,000. You can look at it through Raleigh Parks & Rec. GL
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have looked at places like that (Bass Lake, Lake Wheeler, Lake Johnson.  etc. . ) but my main issue with these areas are that they don't block it off from the public. So from what I was told. . even though I pay for the deck / location, random people could still walk up into our ceremony and reception. And while I realize that most people have the respect to not do this, there are some that dont.  However. . I may have to just suck it up and deal with it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure how likely that is to happen, esp. if you're doing it in Feb. vs. June. My friend's wedding was in May and I don't think there were any "invaders." She had her ceremony near the porch area of Durant Lodge and the reception was inside. Honestly, if you think about, you could have invaders anytime there's a wedding, particularly at places like hotels.
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I actually think that would be more likely to happen at a hotel than some of these places.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you talking $1000 for JUST the room rental? Brier Creek CC was $1000 for the room rental for a saturday evening wedding. Not sure if its gone up and not sure if they have those dates available. but I guess there is also the food minimum that's pretty hefty ($6000), so not sure how that would fit into your budget. But just an idea.  Also, try The Royal off of Hillsborough St (in front of Meredith College) that's really cheap, and you can bring your own catering, so no food minimums.
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know how to help with the venue but wanted to throw a suggestion out there...if your wedding is a place that can't be blocked off (well even if it is there is still a potential hazard of wedding crashers as pp said) have someone man your gift table..I read an article where a couple had gifts stolen he just walked right in and acted like he was invited etc talked to guest!  He mainly targeted the card box when the couple opened it there was trash (from ripped envelopes) and like 1 or 2 cards! Sadness!Its sad we pay so much for our space for our day and just anyone can show up on the property!  Like the post from the other day with the church double booking a wedding and a Halloween shingdig.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Horace-Grant Historic home on UNC-CH campus.  I think it is under $1000 on a Saturday and you could do something out on the lawn or go inside. Only issue is going to be parking for your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry it is Horace-Williams House. Pricing depends on the number of guests you plan to have.  Max amount they allow is 150 I think and the price is $900 (6 hour rental block).
  • edited December 2011
    I'm checking out the Surf City Surfside Center per Allie's recommendation.  You can't really beat $300 for an oceanfront 8-hour rental!  And Topsail is less than 2 hours drive from Raleigh.
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of our ladies is getting maried at this private barn on a farm and it looked really awesome.  I will ty to find it and get back to you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/shady-wagon-farm-new-hill/website/897c8fc4580f0a18.htmli found this one.But there is another one I am thinking of.  It's a privately owned farm and you can rent their huge nice barn that overlooks nice fields.  Anyone remember that site?
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about Snipes Farm Retreat?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I think that's it. You rock. Look there, it looks beautiful. Which I would have seen it before I booked my venue.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey - I heard about this place through our Officiant, it looks like it has indoor and outdoor options near Chapel Hill.  Hopte this helps![url]http://aqueductcc.com[/url]
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Sertoma 4-H Center, north of Winston.... it's costing us $1500 for the whole weekend. While this is probably too far for you... think about summer camps, they usually have great indoor and outdoor spaces in a natural setting!GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this weekend at the Eastern 4H Center on the Albemarle Sound in Columbia. The rental fees should be less than $1000 for ceremony and room rental and it's waterfront. The site's MUCH prettier than the pics on the website and the food is pretty inexpensive. You can also bring in your own alcohol, which definitely helps. It's around 2 hours from Raleigh (maybe 2.5 hours tops) and has some inexpensive lodging onsite. Depending on the size of your wedding, you may want to check Page-Walker in Cary, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards