Florida-West Coast

New to The Knot!!

Hello!! My name is Melissa and just recently got engaged and am so excited to be in the starting stages of planning our beach wedding!! We actually live in Jacksonville Florida (about 10 mins from the beach) but are wanting to a West Coast beach wedding!! I grew up going to Clearwater and St. Pete alot as a kid (lived in Orlando so close weekend trips) and loved it down there..Now its been along time since I've been over there so would love any suggestions of great beach locations and any companies that could help plan it??!!!  This is actually both of our 2nd marriage and we both have children so we keep thinking its going to be a small thing, but who knows LOL!!!!

Re: New to The Knot!!

• jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa! Congrats and Welcome! I am not getting married on the beach, but I am sure the other girls can give you some really good suggestions. I am getting married at The Rusty Pelican along the bay. Good luck on your planning and keep us updated!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! The Tradewinds Island Grand on St Pete Beach is perfect for you! It's got lots of activities for the kids, and you can get married and have the reception outside on a stone tiled patio on the beach. Or you can bring it inside to any number of different sized ballrooms.

This is such an exciting time for you! Congrats again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome to the boards. I got married at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Patti is great to work with.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for some of the suggestions!!

Teachermegs I love the info I just saw on the Sandbar!! Did they do the decoration for your ceromony or did you have someone else do them?
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, i will second Anna Maria and Sandbar, while i didn't have my wedding at that particular location, you will love the island. We got married at the private residence on AMI and visited Sandbar, they have the best grouper sandwiches, if you like seafood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards