Moms and Maids

I want THEM to run away from home!

Disclaimer....I love my daughter, and I approve heartily of her choice of husband.That being said....I want the wedding to get here.  Tomorrow.  I am tired of planning, talking, stressing, and thinking about the wedding.  I am ready for her to move out and take her giant jumping farting dog with her.  I want my house back.  I want the quiet back.  I want all this STUFF out of my house.OK...I'm done.  I'm sure I will be calmer tomorrow.  27 days.  I can do anything for 27 days...right?
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: I want THEM to run away from home!

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    MM - I have a TON of wine left from the last DD's wedding.  When would you like me to arrive?  I have more than enough for the other moms to join us.My girls have never lived with us when they were getting married, but my house has always been wedding central with all the stuff.  I feel your frustration.I do have to go to my youngest granddaughter's first birthday party today - then I'm free.......:)Keep your chin up.
  • edited December 2011
    MM, hang in there!  All the planning, etc will be over before you know it and then you'll have lots of happy memories from the wedding day.If it's any consolation, my DD has her first anniversary coming up in Nov. and the office in my house is filled to the brim with wedding presents and a sofa that belongs to DD and her DH. They're living in a little tiny apt. with no room for anything for at least the next six months and then I can hopefully reclaim that room.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same situation, MOB.  My DD has been married for 2 months (last Friday!!) and I have one room that is pretty much stuffed to the gills with wedding presents and left over wedding "stuff".  They are in a tiny apartment, and have absolutely no room for it right now.  I'm looking forward to getting that room back too.Muffin's mom:  this too shall pass.  And in 27 days, you're going to have such a wonderful, memorable day!  My DD also lived with us until the last 6 weeks before her wedding-I know where you're coming from.  She even has a farting dog too  =).  Breathe in.....breathe out......breathe in.....breathe out.  And then come here and vent to your mom friends.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "giant jumping farting dog..." i'm hysterically laughing...we have one of those too...it was a "gift" from dd...and it does keep on giving.this too will pass...have a wonderful time at the wedding and thank you for the laugh.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KMMSG--please bring the wine to Atlanta first--the reception is in less than 2 weeks AT MY HOUSE.  DD and her new husband (they ran off to the courthouse a few weeks ago) just moved a bunch of stuff from my house to their new apartment, but the reception stuff is continuing to pile up until the 26th.  It's MY dog (10 year old dachshund) who is the farting dog, but DDs dog needs Depends.  Heck, I just turned 50, maybe I'll need depends soon too.  Misery loves company ;-) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Handfast - has the frizz factor lessened down there in Atlanta?  My hair in July was horrid!I have a ton of wine leftover, will get there ASAP.
    edited December 2011
    Well, it's raining today, if that's any indication.   Bring straws for the wine.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and bring the depends for AFTER the wine.  LOL!
    edited December 2011
    kmm:  I'm going to hijack the thread to tell you about the most wonderful discovery!  Humidity does awful things to my hair.  It just gets frizzier and bushier.  I asked my longtime friend/hair stylist, and now I have the salon secret.If you straighten your hair, get a really good straightener.  She recommended a Chi, and warned me it's expensive.  It is.  It cost me $130.  BUT it's the last time I've had frizzy hair since I got it just about a month ago.I mean:  I've gone out in mist.  I sat BEHIND a "dancing fountains" show where the mist from the fountains blew back at us.  NO FRIZZ!  Here in NJ, it can be 92 degrees with 90% humidity and NO FRIZZ!  And my lovely straight and soft hair holds for two days now.  And it's faster, because the straight iron gets so hot that you only need to straighten a section of hair once instead of over and over a couple of times.I would never, ever, ever have imagined that it would make such a difference, but boy was it worth the $$.  I found mine at Target, BTW.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    I will have to check that out trix.  Unfortunately I have been blessed with dreadfully thin hair.  I have been asked over the years if I am on chemo, it is that thin.  Handfast - straws are a must.  No sense in dirtying a perfectly good wineglass when we will be sucking down the entire bottle, but it would be so unladylike to drink it right out of the bottle.  Thank God we are civilized women. Muffin's Mom - how are you doing today?
    edited December 2011
    That whole straightening the hair thing.  Well, I did it for years.  Then I just decided to go WITH it rather than fight it.  Yes, the hair you see in my sig pic is natural curl.  Now the color, that's a different story. 
    edited December 2011
    handfast-if I had gorgeous hair like yours, I wouldn't do a thing to it but revel in it.  Sadly, my hair just gets bushy and frizzy-not nearly as beautiful as yours is.  I wish......
  • edited December 2011
    This was a GREAT post! with the wedding 4 days away, I can totally relate...stuff everywhere! I Laughed out loud about the giant farting dog...she has one of those also.....Thanks for making me laugh in the mist of crisis central here!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    not to highjack a post but I bought a Chi last month.I shower at night and wash my hair.  When I get up in the morning I just use the Chi.  6 - 7 strokes and I am done!Think it was about $200 at a professional hair supply store here (NYC) but I have seen them a bit less online.  Get the newest model, it does the job with no damage, unlike the other flatirons.  Less than $50 differenceDamn airport security in DC last weekend took my bottle of heat protection spray!
  • edited December 2011
    haha you sound like my mom! my wedding is in 4 days and my room (at my parents house) still has a tonnn of stuff in it and is a complete and total mess (and my fiance and i have had our house for 9 months)... I'm cool as a cucumber.. mom is stressing out. take a deep breath.. 27 days will fly by and then you'll miss her and her farting dog!
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Trix--thanks for the compliment.  I was lucky in the hair department, I got my dad's genes on that one.  There is one drawback, though.  See the hair on my head?  It's like that EVERYWHERE.  Lots of mainentance.  I curse the day that waxing one's hoo-hoo became the norm.  The way it was when I was younger was so much easier--au naturale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards