New Jersey

How did u and FI meet?

2»

Re: How did u and FI meet?

• LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At an Irish pub in NYC that neither of us was supposed to be at. Our first date started at 3 p.m. the next Saturday with skee ball and ended at 5 a.m. when I dropped him at his apartment - FOURTEEN HOURS.
  • viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was lost and asked him for directions.  I was frustrated and not very nice, especially when he could not tell me how to get where I needed to go.  We ran into each other a few weeks later and he came over and asked if I ever found it.  He sat with me during lunch and we hit it off.  Goes to show that you really can meet your soulmate when you are not even looking :)
    Anniversary
  • dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Match.com too! Wow, there were a lot of success stories! We met in January 2007 and got engaged July 2008, so there's a year and a half right there.
  • edited December 2011
    I joined his beach house on LBI in the summer of 2006.  We hit it off right away and became good friends the first summer. The second summer, we spent an awful lot of time hanging out just the two of us and had a few of those staying-up-all-night-talking nights (annoying every one else in the house, but it was for a good cause).  We started dating at the end of the second summer - our two year anniversary is this week.Needless to say, pretty much everyone in the beach house will be at the wedding, and a few are in the wedding party :)
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first time we met was October 2005. I went to CT w/ my mom to a family friend's house for his b-day party. I spend the afternoon playing badminton with the birthday boy's daughters (kristen and amanda), kristen's husband zac, and Jon (now FI). Feb 2006 Kristen called and said "Hey Laurie Zac and I are going to be in the city visiting Jon from dad's birthday. We are all going out to dinner and he asked about you and wants you to join us" I was on the spot so I said yes. I went and had a nice time and we decided to go out again and again about 3 or 4 months of dating I said "It was so nice of you to ask Kristen about me and invite me out to dinner" and he said, "I didn't ask her about you. YOU asked her about me." So we were tricked into dating :)
  • jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another one for Match.com!!! Woot! And I work with three women who met their spouses online too. We met Oct. 2007 got engaged April 2009 married June 2010. I think especially once you get to a certain age, you know what you want and you can weed out the losers pretty quickly online. And most people I know who used Match were already settled and established in their own life, so no need for a long courtship while you figured out college and grad school and career changes. We were looking for a life partner to begin with because we were ready for that at this point in our lives, hence the short courtship. 
  • edited December 2011
    College. We were in the same class and he did the slick "hey thats a cool phone, let me see it" and put his # in it. I don't know what's worse the line or that I fell for it! lol
  • eMiLee920eMiLee920 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met online (not match.com) just about 7 years ago. I'd been chatting up this one guy when I stopped hearing from him. Apparently his computer had a meltdown. I hadn't heard from him for a couple of weeks when I started chatting with my future FI. Turns out we went to HS down the street from each other and were at the same university! We met in person shortly after and clicked. The first guy turned out to be my FI's best friend and will be our BM next year when we get married!
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yahoo Funny I almost did not read and reply because I did not want to 'fess up to meeting online.  Looks like it works though!!
  • yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He was a transfer student who moved in across the hall in college. He was a few years older, and my roomies and I needed someone to get us booze. He needed someone with a car to drive to the store. =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • lmcit23lmcit23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another one for match.com!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    J-date - not match.com, but close! hahaOur first date was inb downtown freehold
  • lovbulldgslovbulldgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Match.com here as well!  It was my DMB song lyric headline that lured him in.  Our first date lasted 2.5 days...eek.  We went to a Saturday afternoon Yankee game and he didn't go home until Monday!  I also know of around 5 other couples that have met their spouses on Match.com or JDate.  I wish my single friends would give it a try but they won't. 
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We actually met playing hockey.  He was on another team playing against me.  After the game we started talking and went out on a date a few weeks later!
  • edited December 2011
    We met New Year's day 2007 @ a friend's house through mutual friends.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    he worked at a liquor store near my school part time. My friend got a job there. We drank ALOT at the store when she was working. Mike and I became friends and then more than friends!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It was lesbian night at Bar 13...no joke.We met through a mutual friend.Jan 2006.
  • edited December 2011
    Eharmony!
  • edited December 2011
    another one for match.com -- met June 2006, moved in together January 2007 (6 months), Engaged December 2007 (1 1/2 yr), married June 2009 (3 year)
  • edited December 2011
    Holy Moly for Match.com and online dating! That's great! hahaWe met through friends... We hung out for years and nothing happened. I was in college ;-) but then one day, it just clicked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We met at Dunkin Donuts, basically we would run into each other every morning.
  • edited December 2011
    someone should forward this post to Match.com! I have been to 3 weddings that were either Match or JDate. We met Sept 2008 at a mutual friends' party in NYC. He arrived as I was just about to leave, but he had so much energy (plus he sort of pointed at me from across the room and said, "You, You look interesting, I'll talk to you in just a minute!" It wasn't love at first sight, but I was intrigued. We talked for a bit, he said he would come down to NJ from the city to hang out...I sort of said, "ok, whatever" and left for my next party. two days later he called, made plans, and we were inseparable by the end of September. Engaged by Feb 2009....getting married March 2010.
  • mrsdevilguymrsdevilguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw FI at a Devils game (he kinda stands out) but didn't say anything. Then saw him in a Devils group on Myspace and we just started talking and now here we are.
    Kelly & Ron 10.01.10
    Photobucket
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly -  that's really funny. I don't know if you saw my response above but I met Tommy through a Rangers group on MySpace
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thirdeyeviewthirdeyeview member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay so I haven't posted in a while, but I had to for this one. We also met on Match.com in May 07, engaged July 09, married June 09.The funny thing is, they send you these things that say "You are a 90% match." I loved his smile, but never contacted him because he is a bit on the shorter side. Well, I think the universe was trying to tell me something, because he kept showing up as a high percentage match and he finally contacted me. We met for drinks in the city and hung out for five hours that night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards