Pennsylvania-Central

Money

Weddings are so much money! Things are really starting to cost more than I thought they would.
Is anyone feeling this way? IF you don't mind sharing what are your total costs so far please do so I can find out if I'm like everyone else or I'm just retarded at planning weddings! LOL

Mine is getting close to  $17,000!
That is including all my vendors EXCEPT the florist (which I haven't chosen yet), the invites/save the dates, decorative stuff like candles etc, and the honeymoon!
My parents are helping but I am getting heart burn just thinking about it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Money

• edited December 2011
    We spent about $8,000(not including the honeymoon) on our wedding. I did a bunch of DIY projects, like invites and the decorations. It is always good to start collecting stuff earlier that way it doesn't seem like a big chunk of money at once. I practically lived at Michael's and AC Moore. They have 40% off an item coupon every week, so take advantage of that. I took 4 friends with me and we eached used one. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have spent about 10,000. I agee with the above post, I paced myself and bought my DIY projects and decor over the past few months with coupons and living in michaels figuring out when things went on sale for the best price. It also helped to decide where I wanted to splurge and where my fiance wanted to splurge.As for our vendors we are really blessed to find amazing people with great packages and quality. I think that a lot of places hear wedding and the cost can sky rocket, I am fortunate that my contacts are more about the love and not enormous prices that same places do. I can still relate to your feelings of watching your wedding day price go up I think anyone can regardless of the budget. Best of Luck to you!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys. I actually just got back from Micheal's. I do some DIY projects but it seems like the vendors are what get me.
    Our venue isn't that cheap but my parents are helping with that. Still I researched our vendors for pricing and I still feel like I'm paying an arm and a leg!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I think it's really important to do your homework and research with vendors!  I'm really proud of myself with what I got.  My overall wedding will be 15,000, but over 10,000 of it is the venue.  My vendors are the best quality and price that I could find, and I couldn't be more comfortable with them!!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011

Yeah I agree. The venue is the most money. Where is your wedding mb2712? $10,000 is not that bad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I know how you feel.  I started with a very restrictive budget and I did really well with penny pinching.  I've gone over budget somewhat.  After the larger parts were planned I found that I was still spending money on little things that I knew I needed, that I budgeted for but I feel like every time I turn around I'm spending more money on the wedding.  You'll get through it!
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    edited December 2011
    I have budgeted that ours will cost about $8,000 without the honeymoon, and $1000 of that will come from my parents. Our initial ceremony/reception location isn't that expensive (aside from hidden fees, shame on me!), but I too wanted the highest quality of vendors (DJ & photographer).
    The PP's are correct about buying things over time, it will seem like nothing if you get a little here and a little there. As well as research prices online, Sam's Club offers an amazing steal on flowers in bulk, delivered to your door and all!

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• edited December 2011
    Ours was 10,000. for everything but the honeymoon.  We had fabulous vendors and only spent 1500 on the venue itself.  We did need to rent tables and chairs.  The site, Pheasant Run Farms was gorgeous also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards