Louisiana-Baton Rouge

How many should groom's cake serve?

What I'm trying to figure out is how many people our groom's cake should serve. We're estimating 175 guests at our wedding. We definitely want enough cake but not so much that there's a ton left over. Any knowledge/tips on the matter?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: How many should groom's cake serve?

• edited December 2011
    One baker told me (I don't remember exactly which one because we talked to quite a few) the wedding cake should serve about two thirds of your guests and the grooms cake the other one third of guests.  I suppose this is because everyone does not eat/want/like cake and some might like the flavor of the grooms cake more than the wedding cake.  Now I'm sure you will have some that want a piece of both cakes, but that can easily be remedied with smaller slices.  If you decide to go by this rule, you would want your wedding cake to feed roughly 66% of guests or 115 people (maybe 125 for a little cushion) and your grooms cake to serve about 33% of guests  or 60 people.  That would be my suggestion.  HTH!
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,        I think mandi is right.There are so many people who does not like the flavor of the cake.So i think 33% guests are enough.Hey [url=http://www.beachthemeweddingshop.com/beach-wedding-cake-toppers.html]Cake Server Set[/url] is good for your wedding cake.Just use it on your cake and make your wedding something different its look beautiful.....Regards,Olivia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards