Gay Weddings

Down the aisle....

I want to walk down te aisle with my fiancee for our wedding....would this be against the wedding rules?

Re: Down the aisle....

• edited December 2011
    nope....i have seen this done several times ... i think its kind of nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think that it matters. It's your wedding you can have it any way you want it! :)
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wife and I did that.  As for "wedding rules," they are mostly in people's imaginations.  I'm having a hard time imagining someone willing to come to a same-sex wedding, but throwing a fit over them walking down the aisle together.
  • edited December 2011
    It's true. Wedding rules, shmedding rules! Do what you want!
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_down-aisle-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:9f927c1c-37e6-4b55-b089-caa9e87eb2c7Post:4c8e197e-3f1d-4e6b-8ffd-7794385a8dc6">Re: Down the aisle....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wife and I did that.  As for "wedding rules," they are mostly in people's imaginations.  I'm having a hard time imagining someone willing to come to a same-sex wedding, but throwing a fit over them walking down the aisle together.
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

This. There aren't really "rules" for same sex ceremonies. Do what feels right to you two.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_down-aisle-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:9f927c1c-37e6-4b55-b089-caa9e87eb2c7Post:0d2cfb49-790f-4883-8f51-cd719b2f28db">Re: Down the aisle....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down the aisle.... : This. There aren't really "rules" for same sex ceremonies. Do what feels right to you two.
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

yeah...one nice thing about "alternative" weddings i think is that we are not all encoumbered by "rules" and "tradition"... we can follow the ones we want. but not the rest :)
  • nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything you want is up to you. You make the rules for your wedding. So whatever you want goes.......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the other lady's :) make ur on rules do what feels right to the both of you. We are thinking of walking to eachother and then walking down together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards