• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2010 Weddings

Poll: What annoys you?

I saw this on my local board. What annoys you most on the knot and in real life? Post your pet peeves here. Go.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10

Re: Poll: What annoys you?

• On TK:- I hate when people can't think for themselves. Like they always ask whatthey should do. getting opinions is great but ultimately it is your wedding so do what you want!IRL:- I hate when people touch their eyeballs. Gross.-I hate when people chew too loud. -I can't stand when people wear clothes that are obviously too small and they're falling out everywhere. Honey, its called denial. Please buy a bigger size. -It gets under myskin when people drive slow in the fast lane. Idk if its my jersey road rage or what but geeezz people!

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • On TK:I know this is something we ran into not too long ago...but it annoys me when people post about the same thing over and over again...Real Life:-people who patronize me, either because of my stature, or who think I'm a lot younger than I actually am.  Don't call me hun or sweetie unless you're related to me or marrying me.  -Tara...I'm with you on the NJ road rage thing!  Just drive people!  -people who don't say excuse me after they burp...I think it's totally disgusting, or say thank you when I hold a door open.  Manners people!  -people who can't control their kids...that is THE worst!  I'll stop here...I could go on and on...LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • TK-I hate when people bully up on someone. The P&E board is a perfect example of it. Sure, it's a public board, but if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! Except of course someone is asking a specific etiquette question - but respond nicely!IRL-People that have no remorse for their bad actions-People who are always late, especially for important things-People who try really hard to be different
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Knot:- I hate when someone has to bash on someone else.  - I also get really annoyed when the knot has technical difficulties.  Real Life- People who think that they are better than you- it annoys me to all h*ll that no one knows how to have manners- I hate when people think that they know better than you on things they have no clue about- I hate fake people! - I hate when people act like your friend and then just abandon you when someone else comes along... and when they they get bored with that person they think its ok to come back to you.- I when people think its ok to not do what they are suppose to and that I will pick up the slack.  I have things to do also! I am going to stop or I will just keep going...
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • TK: When people talk about stuff they have no idea about, when people bash other people personally for wedding related decisions, when people speak before thinking... IRL: My students and their lame excuses for EVERYTHING, when people bash other people behind their backs for no good reason, when people don't do things they said they were going to do.
  • TK:-the video feed on the right that always screws up my computer!!-I'm with April--when people gang up on someone--there was some viciousness on the RI board the other day it was nuts!!--the fact that I can never figure out the abbreviations that are used so much haha! I need a manual!! (I think I've figured out AW--All Welcome???)IRL:-people who don't say bless you when you sneeze--my soul might escape people!-people who use "O" instead of "0" (zero) when saying an address or phone #--"O" is a letter!!!-hair on people's back--not grown haha but stray hairs--I want to pick them off SOOOO badly!!!!-cheap people...that sounds kinda bad but I've just come across some peeps that go to such HUGE lengths to save a penny and I think they'll look back someday and wish they went a little overboard here and there...live's too short and nothing can come with you when you leave this world!!hmm let's leave it at that!! =P
  • TK: Not on this board...but some of the other boards people can be so pretentious. I don't get why some people think they are better than others. IRL: I don't know if this happen to anyone else, but whenever I mention our wedding to some of my "friends", they call me bridezilla or make fun of me for being on TK boards...I'm sorry but this has been 8 years in the making and damn it I'm EXCITED!!!!!
  • Megget- Aw means attention whore!  I gave up trying t figure things out and then I found this [link] http://talk.theknot.com/boards/faq.aspx#6 [/link]
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • TK: when people give sarcastic answers to what they think is an "obvious" question. clearly the asker doesnt know the answer, so its not obvious! just be nice, people! IRL: --people who do not follow through and finish tasks -- people who are late toimporant things -- people who dont own up to their mistakes
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    image Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Katie I get that too... I also get you have been together for so long why not just sign some papers and be done with it.  HELLO people I want an actually wedding!  I am not trying to "show off"  anything!  I just want it to be nice that's all... sorry I have some pent up anger on this topic...
  • hahaha I can't believe how off I was with AW--thanks shellbell!! I'll use the link well!! =)
  • On TK: -That stupid newsfeed thing on the right hand side of the community boards. I can see it being on the main page, but it just slows my computer down, and sometimes makes it freeze. Completely unneccessary. -Trolls IRL: -People acting/dressing subversive just for the sake of being subversive. This goes for you, emo kids! Just be yourself!-People that say "irregardless". Just because it's a big word doesn't mean it's proper. In fact, it's not even a word. It's double negative. Look it up people.-Having 5000+ miles between me and my FI-Guys who try to flirt with me to get their way. There's only one man on this planet that I let get away with that sh*t, and I'm marrying him. And I only really let him get away with that occasionally.-Ignorance. There's absolutely NO excuse.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • on TK:  that so many seek validation...i once read that we only seek advice when we already know the answerthat I sometimes bite my tongue just to keep the peacein my life:  that I have to sell expensive stuff to people who won't take care of it...that there so so many stupid drivers in this townthat I live right next to a high school and every friday night (esp. the cross-town rivalry game!) I have to fight to park in my own drivewaythat every sunday I don't speak the language in my own workplacethat my grandpa's wife feels she is entitled to be included in every family function...even if it's for the other side of the family
  • Im late but...TK: -I hate when people gang up on others I dont see why women can bash each other in the mob mentality. Just be nice, even if what you are saying needs to be a little harsh just try and have class with it.-I also am sick of the dollar dance posts. Really? how many times can this be asked. I honestly think it was 6 or 7 times in a week last week or so ago.-I hate when the server cant post things it messes up a lot-I hate that there arent more smaller sized vendors (the ones who dont double the price because it says wedding) IRL:-I hate the people who see the sign that says lane ends in 30 yeards but still fly up the side to slam into my lane at the last minute (FYI yes I was riding the cars A$$ in front of me to keep you from merging because you should of 29 darn yards ago like I had too!!)-I hate when people cant do there job, the fast food guy who completely forgets stuff, or puts wrong stuff in. The newspaper guy who doesnt deliver my sunday paper till monday (yes this has happened) etc.-I hate that my daughters teacher wont let her use the tissues bc shes "wasting" them with her runny nose even though I took in my fair share of supplies on the first day of school-I hate that I know my mail man stole my home depot gift cards I turned my national city banking points in to get and theres nothing I can do about it now. (christmas cards come partially opened, 1 of the 3 gift card envelopes is missing and another had the side torn he must not of seen the card inside)ok Im good till next wednesday if we could do this again then Id be much greatful and my shrink would too (jk) kinda...
  • Bec&Jim- you should call the post master and report that your mail is coming damaged and opened with stuff missing.  It is a federal offense to open someone elses without permission. 
  • TK:When people are just plain rude and poke fun of the other girls on TK. Real life:People who don't use their blinkers.Selfish people.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • On TK: I hate when people ask the same damn question over and over OR they ask a question that, if they scrolled down a little farther, would see it was already asked. I also hate when people are mean for no reason. I've seen some nasty comments on here that we're just meant to be mean and make the person feel dumb. Come on people, it's TK and no one thinks you're cool for being a b**** all the time. We're here to be helpful to each other. IRL: I hate when people crack their knuckles. It grosses me out. I also hate when people chew loudly and/or with their mouth open. I don't need to see your chewed-up food, thanks. I also have serious road rage. Therefore, I want to smack anyone who: drives slower than the speed limit for no good reason, drive way too fast, weave in and out of lanes, and don't use their blinker or leave it on when they're not turning.

Pipe down, you had your chance!

• "When I'm a motorist, I hate pedestrians. When I'm a pedestrian I hate motorists. But no matter what mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists."I read that in a chain email once and it made me LOL
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • tk i hate when people arent funny and are always serious and always act like they are right and you can do whatever you want but it will suck..... i hate when ppl try to pass when everyone else is lined up because of traffic. they just fly by lije they are better than us and then cut someone off to get over. i honestly hope they die! i hate when ppl say shawns hot, i was surprised. like wtf? nig girls cant get hot guys? fu! (its only happend once but still...)
    Photobucket image
    Crystal and Shawn
  • TK- The knot tv on the side of my screen drives me crazy!  and it locks up my computer from time to time.  And the mean girls suck.  seriously.  My mama always said if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything.  It is possible to disagree without being a B**** about it.  Dang! IRL- bad drivers, rude people, people who chew with their mouth open, or talk with a mouthful of food, rude people, unruly children, rude people, oh, and did I mention rude people.
  • TK:  the stupid knot tv.  It locks up my computer and causes everything to run slow.IRL:  people who chew with their mouths open.  HELLO!  I do not want to see the first stages of your body's digestive process.Rude people.  Manners count!  Say please, thank you, excuse me and sorry.  It takes a whole 5 seconds out of your life.  People who believe they are entitled to everything.  No, you are not.  You need to earn it just like the rest of us.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TK TV .... I LOATH it!! It frezzes my screen up when im trying to post! Annoying!! IRL- Illogicality lol (i dont think thats a real word but its true) I hate when people have the most illogical reason for doing or not doing something... Example: A girl i work with stated that the reason she's never read or watched any of the Harry Potter series is because "everyone else was doing so i decided to not jump on that bandwagon" ..................................!!!! what?!! thats doesnt even make sense!! And not just cause I'm a HP fan. I mean if you dont read/watch it cause its not interesting to you at all then fine. I get that! But dont NOT do cause it might be popular... God! Stuff like that just infuriates me!!!
    Oct 2010 Brides Siggy Challenge : Photobucket
    Jessica & Jason Oct 30, 2010WeddingBio...updated 2/22 image
  • Jess-I have a funny story about Harry Potter. See, for some reason, there's this big battle between Harry Potter fans and Lord of the Rings fans (I think it's because the movies started coming out around the same time as each other, even though I've been reading the books since I was a young'un. I actually have two different LOTR tattoos on both of my feet). Anyway, a few years ago, I was at Costco picking up a cake for my brother's birthday party, and it happened to be the day when one of the HP books was released. I'm standing in line with the cake and the guy in front of me has two copies of the book, the gal behind me has the HP book on cd, and the guy behind her has a copy of the HP book as well. I was surrounded by Potterness. When I get to the cashier, he scans my cake and looks at me and asks "What, no Harry Potter for you?" and I look at him stone-faced and reply "I'm a Lord of the Rings fan" and he goes "Enough said" and smiled. I just thought that was funny.I've noticed the same thing with Star Wars fans, too.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • TK:  So much "advice/tips/etc" gets contradicted in the next article you read! IRL:  -Attitude from coworkers when you've had a disagreement/discussion/whatever about the WORK - it's not personal!  -Empty promises, no matter how trivial.  If you say you will do something, do it.  If plans change, then say so.
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards